Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, September 7, 2020

Back to School!

 Tomorrow is our “Back to School” Day! It is with great anticipation and with much prayer that we plan to return to in-school learning tomorrow morning. I feel like we have prayed for this day since March, and while Satan has been attempting to thwart those plans at every turn, God has proven Himself to be strong and mighty once again. 

This past week we celebrated Garett’s 14th birthday!!! I can’t even believe that this boy is already 14 years old! Where has time gone?! He wants to get his work permit and start working with Roger just as soon as he can. He has loved aviation since before he could walk or talk and that has not changed! Garett is one of the most mellow teenagers I know. He has a great easy-going personality (as long as it’s not with his siblings!), and he is changing right before my eyes into a tall, gangly giant! His voice is changing, but he will still sing. I am so thankful for this first born son of ours, and we pray fervently and often for his heart to continue to be moldable to whatever God wants him to do. I asked Garett a few questions for his birthday interview. Here are his answers:

1) What is your favorite color? A; “Blue, Mom you ask me this question every year, and my answer is still the same!” :)

2) What is your favorite food? A: Mexican food (also this answer hasn’t changed in several years)

3) If someone was to give you an amount of money for your birthday, what would be the perfect amount? A: Probably like $30.00. ‘Cause it’s not too much and not too little.

4) If you had to pick a job today, what would you pick? A: I’d want to work where Dad works and fuel airplanes, deliver freight, and load and unload airplanes. 

5) Who is your best friend? A: probably Dad

That last response made me nearly cry. I don’t know very many 14 year olds that have their dad as their best friend. Garett’s life has been completely changed in 2020, but he still considers his dad his best friend. I consider that a major praise in our lives! 

Last week I spent a lot of time both at home and at school working and preparing for the school year. I think teachers could prep for practically eternity and never feel truly ready, so at some point in time, it’s time to just start! And that’s where I am- ready, prepared, probably more nervous than my students, but ready to start school! 

I’m thankful for friends in these past few weeks that have opened their homes to our children. Our children have enjoyed several play dates with friends this past week, and it’s been encouraging to both them and myself. We are blessed! 

Roger and I also celebrated 15 years of marriage this past week. I don’t feel old enough to have been married 15 years! However, here we are at the 15 year mark! All praise and glory to God- it certainly hasn’t been all roses, but God has been so faithful. Time and time again, God has proven Himself to be mightier and stronger than any problem that we’ve encountered. I am so thankful for His faithfulness. 

Thursday evening was our open house for back-to-school. We had a good turnout of parents and students. Due to our governors restrictions, we had to divide the families by last name, but it was still a good night. (Our governor has called for another state-of emergency in Maine. This is the SIXTH one! I’m not going to get sidetracked by giving you my opinion on that, but it’s certainly not what I would’ve done!)  

The kids and I spent some time at the lake on Friday afternoon, and that was a good way to wrap up the week. It was relaxing to sit and watch them swim and fish in the lake, while Allison and I visited together. 

Our parents group hosted a yard sale on Saturday. It was a HUGE yard-sale, and it looked more like a flea market on Saturday morning! We had stuff everywhere! It was a ton of work, and we worked extremely hard from six am to about 3pm on Saturday. People gave generously. We also had two people drop off their donations at our yard sale ...who does that?! They came to check out the yard sale, and then said, “Oh we have stuff in our car for Goodwill, can we just leave it here? You can sell it?” Um, okay. It provided some light hearted moments thats for sure. Travis and Chandler came with me on Saturday. Chandler got a ride home around noon, but Travis stayed for the day. He stuck with the clean up at the end. He told me on the way home that he had never packed up so many boxes of the same stuff in his life! (He helped pack up the glassware and there were boxes and boxes and boxes of that!) I am so glad that the yard sale is behind us, and I have no desire to do another one anytime soon! However, God abundantly blessed and we are thankful for the funds to help enrich the students and teachers lives this school year. 


It was a busy and full week. We closed up the week with having some of Roger’s brothers come in for a visit. Our nephew, Landon, also came along to visit. The boys have enjoyed having another boy to play with, and I know that Roger was thankful to have his brothers come for a visit too. While it’s a bit of a crazy week, God calms my heart and reminds me frequently that He is still in control. Even when the world around us seems crazy, I can rest in the fact that God has not given up control. 

Yard sale morning! Coffee in hand!

Family lunch at the airport. We do whatever we need to do to spend time as a family, so sometimes it’s lunch at the airport!

Garett’s birthday!

How did this kid get so tall?!

Travis had a good time at a friend’s house this past week.

15 years of marriage! 

Open house school night! So thankful for this sweet lady! 

Our tribe @ 13,12,11, 10 years old - Emma is 7

Yard sale treasures!

A good imagination to work with a digger without a bucket! 

Chandler was happy to hold baby Ruth at the yard sale!

Welcome to Kindergarten!


No comments:

Post a Comment