Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, April 2, 2021

April! New Month and New Moments to Think On!

 

I love this view! The sounds of the ocean are so calming to me. 


                                                                    Happy 40th to the love of my life! 


Last year in March, we were still in the middle of our “two weeks to flatten the curve”, and while this year is different but still with some similarities, I’m happy to see April on the horizon! I’m coordinating a baby shower for a dear friend, happy that we get to celebrate Resurrection Sunday this week, preparing for a school wide Patriotic program, and enjoying the days of longer sunlight! 

I told my friend, Allison, last week that I didn’t feel like I had much to write on the blog about as I feel that my life has been a little bit in depression mode as of late. She replied, “Well, we out to coffee and you didn’t have enough money and neither did I! That’s a fun memory!” Haha! So there’s that story! Allison and I went on a walk last week and then out to coffee. We went for a walk leaving from the school parking lot so I didn’t have my purse with me when I came back. However, I usually use my coffee app to purchase coffee so I didn’t think much about it. But then we got to the coffee place,  the app wouldn’t allow me to refresh my app to see how much money was left on my gift card. But, in my defense, it told me that there was enough money (I just didn’t realize that the app wasn’t working entirely!) So I ordered my coffee, scan my app, and the girl says, “there’s not enough money on there. You owe $1.38.” I turn to Allison to ask if I can borrow her app to scan for the rest of my coffee. Turns out that she only had about .82 on her gift card app! I kinda stand there for a second, thinking about my next move, and the girl behind the counter takes money out of her pocket to pay for the remainder of the cost! That was so kind of her, and I’m thankful that the coffee shop wasn’t full of people as I awkwardly tried figured out what to do next! Anyways, I had a great time visiting with Allison, and I was thankful for the opportunity to visit and laugh with her. 

It’s been a long, long, week for Roger and I! We could certainly appreciate your prayers, as we wait and see what plan God unfolds for us. Roger told me this week that he was “just done”. He said that everywhere he turned he felt the opposition from the devil, overwhelmed by responsibilities, and just defeated,...hmm, I have felt much the same way. Roger celebrated his 40th birthday last Monday, but we didn’t even get to see him! I saw him briefly in the morning before he went to work, then he had work, an important meeting, and he got home around 9:00pm! I am very thankful that we had taken the time on Saturday to go up to Bangor as a family! Sometimes life seems full of lemons, and making lemonade seems to be more challenging than it’s worth! However, we know that we serve a God who is faithful, and kind, and He gives us peace and joy in spite chaos around us. 

Earlier this week, I was reading in my devotions and in the Bible, and I read about how we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to love and serve Him. I can only pause and reflect on the last week and prepared for God to do great and mighty things! When the opposition seems so strong and the devil wants us to feel defeated, I can rest in the fact that we serve a mighty God who has never relinquished His authority! So...I’m waiting! (Waiting is not my favorite thing to do-I get that from my father!) but here we are in the waiting! 

Work projects on our house have slowed down drastically as we’ve been busy with other life things. I’m not done painting, trim still needs to be added, finishing touches added in several rooms before we move on to another project. We are hoping to do some yard work and landscaping, but our yard has to dry out some first!    

Yesterday we had a baby shower for our school administrator who is also a very dear friend of mine! While it’s been a crazy week full of burdens and tears, this was a good opportunity to get my eyes off of “noisy” things and spend some time loving on someone else. I told my kindergarten class that I was having a baby shower in the afternoon. One of my kindergartners thought for a moment with a very puzzled expression in her face. Then she asked, “Why does she need help washing?” I am never, ever bored with this class! When I stopped chuckling, I explained that it was a shower of gifts, to which she replied “So, if she doesn’t catch the presents, she’ll get hit with the gifts?!” Earlier this week we made butter and ice cream in class as we focused on farm animals in our studies. One of my students asked, “Mrs. Robertson, do we get Oreos from those cows that look like Oreos?” I LOVE the way their minds work and the wonder of new experiences and questions! 

Hannah is a dear friend of mine, so while the shower was simply and sweet (and I forgot to take any pictures) it was a lovely little party. I pulled Wyatt out of school around two pm, because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get everything done without some help...and he was more than happy to help! It was a longer day than usual for a Thursday but we are all excited to have Good Friday off of school tomorrow! 

I love Christmas and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, but Resurrection (Easter) Sunday is really the greatest celebration for me. I’m so thankful that God always keeps His promises, but I’m so thankful that our 2000 years ago when He died on that cross, it was for me! The older I get the more precious and dear his death and resurrection becomes to me. I pray that you’ll take some time to reflect on the power of the cross this week. This is one of my favorite songs: 



We are so thankful for the Power of the Cross, the Resurrection, and our Hope in Jesus! I pray that you will reflect on these things over the weekend too. 

Heartlight. org.  Photo credit 



1 comment:

  1. We are singing that song as our closing song on Easter. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete