Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, December 29, 2012


Friday, December 28, 2012

It’s always good to remember that the Lord has a perfect plan even when it doesn’t seem like it! I feared that this morning was going to be an absolute disaster, but God turned it into a great memory.

Last Sunday, after the Christmas program, I invited the girls to come up to our house today to make cookies and have lunch. We agreed on 10am. and I was looking forward to this time. I got up early to get all the baking supplies together (even borrowed chocolate chips from a friend! J) , and getting lunch together. Well, ten o’clock came and went and then 10:30pm. and by now I was starting to think no one was coming. Because we don’t have a phone here, I wasn’t able to call the girls to remind them; and I was thinking that maybe they hadn’t wanted to come. I went outside for a bit and took a little walk, trying not to feel sorry for myself and have a pity party. I came back in the house, and got the boys out of their snow gear. I was about to put all the cookie stuff away, when at eleven o’clock, five girls showed up at our door. J The Lord must have known, I just needed to learn to trust Him some more!

At first, it was a little challenging trying to get to know them and the conversation seemed awkward, but everyone appeared to warm up. They seemed to have a really good time making cookies and visiting, and I know I did. After the cookies were in the oven, I taught the girls how to play the wonderful game of Dutch Blitz! J We played for about two hours, and also enjoyed lunch together. I made chili, (splurged and bought a bag of corn chips…don’t ask how much! They were expensive! J) and we enjoyed talking and visting. The girls stayed until around three pm. and we made plans to have another girls date next Friday. I’m looking forward to it! I’m thankful that the Lord brought the girls and that He strengthened my faith through the experience.

Roger spent the morning cutting up the wood that we had hauled in on Monday and Wednesday, and helped the boys stay entertained outside while the girls were here. Today is Friday, so we have to take a walk down to the post office later to see if anything came in! J

I took a walk down to the post office this afternoon to pick up our mail. We received a few letters and cards, and Dana also gave me a little sweater that she had knitted for Travis. It’s so cute!

Tomorrow is washateria day! It is a necessity now as we haven’t done laundry all week and everyone is about out of clothes to wear! J

No comments:

Post a Comment