Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Sunday, December 16, 2012

“An Alaskan winter day”

Well, I’m not going to lie…it was a rather discouraging day for me. The weather was at -52 degrees, so it was beyond cold. It was downright frigid! It was too cold to go outside; in fact we found a piece of insulation and covered up our door from the inside! The propane lines froze on the stove, so I’m thankful that we have a crockpot and a wood stove to heat water! I was hoping to get my hair washed today, but since we haven’t been able to get water for the past several days, we’ve had to ration it out. Tomorrow we will have to go out for water, so hopefully it will be a little warmer.

We had our own worship service together, but I sure did miss the fellowship with other believers today! The boys are doing quite well with their Christmas program parts, and next Sunday is the program. Please pray that the weather will be warm enough for people to come out and hear the Gospel.

I made bread in the crockpot today, and amazingly enough, it was delicious! We’ve eaten leftovers today along with warm bread and cheese. We had one bag of microwave popcorn, so we popped the bag in the microwave. Then we reused the bag by filling it with a quarter cup of popcorn seed and microwaving it. The result: deliciousness! For supper, I think we will heat soup on the wood stove and finish off the bread. I probably don’t need to say it…but I’m hoping for a warmer day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment