Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Another week gone...where?!

November 17, 2014
Monday? Again? None of the kids were very excited about school today, but we only have a few more days until Thanksgiving break! (Pretty sure that I'm just as excited as they are about the break!) 

After I finished with Wyatt, listening to the boys read, and picking up Travis, I headed home. Wyatt had a rough day at school, and he showed every indication of needing a nap! So my mom graciously offered to keep the older boys until Roger was done with his work. Yes! Maybe I would get a nap! :) Emma was scheduled to have a doctors appointment this afternoon; but since the boys badly needed a nap, I rescheduled it. Emma was asleep before we were even home, but thankfully she stayed asleep while I carried her in the house. I gave the little boys a snack, and I called the chiropractor. I've been having headaches since last Wednesday when I was smacked in the head with a volleyball. I was grateful to hear that they had an appointment available for 4:00 pm. I put two crabby boys in our bed and crawled in beside them. Travis was asleep in five minutes, with Wyatt only a few more minutes behind. :) Our house was beautifully quiet for over two hours...I loved every minute! :) 

When I woke up from rest time, I saw that I had received a text on my phone. My friend, that was going to take a meal to one of our dear ladies  that recently had a baby, was sick and unable to make a meal. I wanted to make sure this dear mama got a meal, so I looked through my freezer and fridge to see what I could make. I came up with egg casserole, French toast bake, and fruit. It wasn't my finest meal, but I knew the family would be thankful. I finished up that and ran out the door for my chiropractor appointment. I actually felt worse after the appointment, but that's often the case for a little bit after my appointment. I'll be going back next week for a follow up visit. 

After the chiropractor, we came home, picked up the meal, and went to deliver it. Just Roger and I dropped off the meal, while the kids stayed in the car. I'm thankful for the opportunity to show this family that our church cares for them. I'm looking forward to visiting with the mama and the new baby soon...Roger is hoping I don't get baby fever! :) 

Since we were already out, we picked up some light bulbs from Menards, had a quick visit at the YMCA, and I picked up the ingredients I needed for Travis's treat for school tomorrow. 

Because of all our errands, the boys were in bed a little later than planned. By the time we came home, ate supper, and had Bible time, it was past bed time! 

Roger has been busy with helping out someone with some work, which is nice. However, it also seems that he doesn't have the time to put into flying like we had hoped. Somehow we have to find a balance, but how?! 

Tuesday, November 18, 2014
A much slower paced day today for myself and the kids, which I liked! :) After school, the boys all played outside while I made lunch. Emma took a great nap today, while the boys helped me clean up their room, clean the living room, and kept the fire going. 

Wyatt helped me bake another meal for a friend that had a baby recently. (Apparently, it's a baby month!) We made cookies, casserole, and taco shells. Since I was making a meal for a friend, we made a meal for Wyatt's speech teacher also. We keep planting seeds and praying for God to give the increase. 

Roger has been gone all day today, trying to work on something, help a friend, and squeeze in his flying. While I miss him, I just want this DONE! :) 

Wednesday, November 19, 2014
A little more snow was gently falling when the boys woke up this morning, so they all had to go outside a play for a bit before we left for school. It meant that beds didn't get made this morning, and breakfast was eaten in the car, but I had four delighted children that romped in the snow! :) 

Wyatt had a speech lesson this morning, and he remembered to bring his treat for his teacher. She has helped Wyatt so much, and I am so blessed to have her as our friend. Unfortunately Wyatt feels that on the days that he has speech lessons, he doesn't need to do numbers or letters. However, his mama disagrees! :) 

The boys both had tests today, so that made our school day a little shorter. Chandler didn't do very well on his test today, scoring an 87%, so he was a little bummed about that. He gets his lofty acedemic goals from his Aunt Jennifer! :) Garett just trots along in school with the attitude of "whatever will be, will be". :)  

After we came home from school, the boys finished up the things that they hadn't done this morning, and then they headed back outside. What a difference a few years can make! The four boys can now completely dress themselves to go outside without my help. The mittens rarely match, but they have something on their hands! 

Tonight is Kings Kids, and since we are going into town, I'm hoping to get some grocery shopping done, and a trip to Goodwill.  Garett has two winter coats....neither of which have a zipper that zips! He's been wearing lots of layers underneath, but with the temperatures colder lately, we are going to have to find out a different solution. We also have a meal to drop off at a friends house, so the time will fly. Roger will be flying this afternoon, so I'll have the five kiddos with me. :) While I usually enjoy shopping, I have to remind myself that this is probably not fun for five small kids! :)


Friday, November 21,2014
I'm so thankful that GOD always hears our prayers! I've been concerned about the condition of Garett's coat, but I haven't been able to find one that fits him and the budget. However, my mom went to a yard sale yesterday (it was inside!) and she saw a brand new coat. It was a size 10/12, and it still had the tags on it! My mom called me to say that she had bought Garett a coat for $8.00! It never ceases to amaze me how God provides exactly what we need when we need it! 

My other blessing from yesterday was dinner at someone else's house! Roger and I need fellowship, and God met that prayer request too. Jenna and Ryan Shubert invited us to their house for supper, and it was so refreshing and encouraging to us. Granted...a small space with six kids indoors can get a little loud, but no one complained! :) We are blessed with great friends, and I love to visit with them. 

Did I mention that I can't wait for Thanksgiving break?! The kids know that when Aunt Jenn comes to Wisconsin, it will be time for school break! So, I need to tell my sister that she can't come until Wednesday afternoon. :) 

The weather has been chilly, and the snow makes me feel like Christmas music, Christmas decorations, and baking. One of the things we like to do as a family, around Christmas time, is take treats to neighbors and friends. But that doesn't happen magically, so I need to start finding my recipes. Chandler really likes to help in the kitchen, so he's been asking about baking. :) 

Sunday, November 23, 2014
Well the past few days have been busy! We were blessed by a box of Thanksgiving fixin's from our church. I now have all the ingredients for a great Thanksgiving meal, and we are looking forward to it! In the past, I've made a lot of dishes, appetizers, and the whole nine yards. This year will be much simpler, simply because I don't have the same amount of time or energy with teaching the boys and everything else we've been doing. 

I was able to take Chandler on a date yesterday, and we enjoyed some great time together. It's such a delight to me to have that one-on-one time with my kids. Chandler held open the door for me, held my hand, and talked, and talked, and talked! :) 

We were also blessed by a visit from our friends, Autumn and Phil on Friday night! They brought along our box of thanksgiving fixin's from the church, and we had a great time of fellowshipping, dessert, and coffee. I'm thankful for friends to fellowship with together. 

We are blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment