Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, November 9, 2014

School, Flying, Camping, and a Date!

November 5,2014
About once every two or three weeks, we have a day at school that just seems crazy. Today was that day! I felt like the older two couldn't remember the simplest of the phonics rules, and the youngest wanted to be anywhere but at school! Know what, though? We made it! :) 

Since it was a long day (at least it felt long!) at school, I required everyone to take a nap. Only two out of five actually fell asleep, but it did improve my outlook on life! :) 

Roger was gone for the majority of the day flying with a flight instructor. He flew to Green Bay and the instructor said that he felt that Roger is close to being ready to take the test for his instrument rating....YAY! 

When Roger came home, I was cleaning the living room. Every year before the holidays, I get into this cleaning mode. I want everything to be picked up and tidy before we get the tree, decorations, etc. So, when Roger walked in the door, the house looked like it had thrown up! Thankfully, he just said, "well, this looks like a project!":) 

The living room looks great, at least for today! :) I've finally given up in trying to have the toy room downstairs in the basement, as the boys just want to be wherever we are at. Instead, we just have a box with a lid so now the toys are at least contained! (Honestly, I don't mind having their toys in the living room as then I can interact with them more and help them sort through their problems, besides it's only for a few short years!) 

With everyone's help we managed to put the living room back together in time for our date. A wonderful couple at church approached us on Sunday about going on a double date with them. They had already found a babysitter, paid for the babysitter, and wanted to take us out to dinner! Umm....yes, please!! That's the first time that has ever happened, and it was a great experience. We had a great time getting to know Rick and Molly better, and the fellowship was great! The boys had their favorite babysitter watch them, so they all were more than willing to stay home! :) 

November 6, 2014
It's family night tonight! I am very excited about the opportunity for us all to spend time together as a family, especially with daddy! Travis has been asking about going rock climbing, so that is what we are going to do...except Emma! :) 

I also have a craft project picked out for the boys to do, so that will be interesting! :) 

Several hours later...the better side of common sense side that we would all enjoy a craft project much more if we did it another day! After rock climbing, walking on the track, and playing on the soccer field, the kids were worn out. We have one child that becomes a bear when he gets tired and overly run down. He was having a difficult time getting along with anyone, his mouth was getting him in trouble, and everything was wrong in his world. Well after several late nights at Bible Conference this week, school, and lots of play today, it's time for an early bedtime!

So we bought the stuff for the craft project. However, Hobby Lobby was out of one of the colors of beads we needed for our little project, but I was secretly relieved! (It was a good reason that we couldn't do it!) I like the store, Hobby Lobby, but the aisles are narrow, and there are lots of breakable things in there! Did I mention that there are lots of breakable things?! The boys did very well about not touching, but with winter coats on, everyone is fluffier! We did find some items that I needed for a Christmas project I'm working on, and the items were 50% off! :) Thankfully, we survived the experience without breaking or damaging anything, but I think Roger and I both breathed a little easier after we left! 

So instead of doing the craft, we did pizza and the "Air Bud" movie. While the pizza was cooking, we had Bible time and prayer time...we were maximizing on time. :) 

Well, we succeeded! It's 8:10 and five small children are in their beds! 

Roger will have a full day of flying and training tomorrow, and we have a college/career activity in the evening. I enjoy the activities with this age group, but it's a challenge with all our young ones. Sometimes we get a baby sitter, but lack of funds along with Roger just getting home, they'll be coming with us tomorrow. 

November 7, 2014, Friday
Today is one of my favorite days of the week! It means we completed another week of school, the weekend is here, and I have a few extra minutes for other projects that have been waiting patiently all week!

Roger was gone almost all day today flying. In some ways it's harder on the kids when they don't see him, but know that he's back. They are struggling to understand that daddy is home, but his time is still very limited. One day at a time! 

After school and after Emma's nap, I took the kids with me up to Sam's Club in Appleton. This is one grocery store that they don't mind going to because of all the free samples. The free samples have actually worked out well for me because I often discover things that the boys really like or things that I'm glad we haven't boughten! (No one was a fan of pop tarts or chocolate drizzled popcorn, but everyone like the salmon and yogurt samples!) 

The reason that we were going to SAMs Club is because I had bought a membership very reasonably priced through an online deal. However, I'm notorious for picking lines that are slow, checkers that don't understand something, and apparently, I'm good a picking the new worker. What should have taken about ten minutes, took a good twenty five minutes! The worker kept thinking that I still needed to pay for the membership, but I already had a voucher. Finally, someone was able to come an rescue us all, or maybe they had pity on the mama looking a little frazzled with five small children! :) Once we made it past that hurdle, it was smooth sailing! The boys do very well with staying with me, helping me load the cart, and trying to keep Emma happy. (Although I often think she would rather just have them out of her face!) We had two different people ask us if all those children were mine...ummm....yes! (Do they know someone who gathers up bored children to take them shopping?!) One mom made the comment to me that I was one brave mama, but I don't really feel that way. I just know I love my kids, I love spending time with them, (although I like to get away too!), and if I work with them on manners and being polite, they are a lot more enjoyable for everyone! 

After Sam's Club, Roger was done flying. We met back up at the church since we had a college activity tonight. Thankfully, our friends, the Shuberts, were willing to watch Emma, so that made the activity a lot more fun for all of us. We played volleyball at the church. I picked up pizzas, dessert, and a veggie tray. I way overestimated the pizza, so we might be eating leftovers for a while! It seemed like the college kids had a good time, and I know we did. The boys did very well playing in the gym nicely...for the most part! :) 


                          

Tomorrow Roger is going to try to cut wood, I'm going to try grocery shopping with coupons again (it's been a while!), and we have Children's Church to get ready for as well. I'm also making a snack for the teen church on Sunday, so I guess I'll look and see what's in the freezer! It will be a busy day, of course, but I'm hoping to start it off with children that sleep in past seven thirty, and a good cup of coffee! :) 

November 8, 2014
The good news is that we had a lot of fun at the college activity last night. Other good news is that I took the three youngest ones home while the older two stayed with Roger. The bad news is that 11:30pm is very late for small children...so we have a few grouchy little people today! 

However, more good news is that Roger wasn't able to go woodcutting, well, I guess that's good and bad news. Good news because he gets to stay home with us this morning, but bad news because we need to cut wood! 

It was a profitably morning with lots of chores done, lots of visiting and talking, and lots of coffee! Roger had promised the boys that they could have a camp out in the living room last night, but by the time we got home it was too late for that! So, we are having a camp out tonight! Roger set up the tent in the living room, the boys found blankets and pillows, and they've been excited about bedtime all day! :) 

 I was able to take Wyatt on a date this afternoon. I had such a fun time with my little man. He held my hand everywhere, talked about all kinds of things, and I just savored the memory! We went grocery shopping and a few other boring errands, but I did take him to lunch at his choice. He picked SubWay for lunch, and after we finished our errands we squeezed in a trip to Fleet Farm to see the Toyland! :) It looks like tractors and farm equipment are on his list for Christmas! He hardly looked at anything else just tractors, farm equipment, and animals! :) 

After we came home, put away our groceries, at supper, and had baths, we did one more errand as a family. I can't tell you what it is because it's a surprise for someone else,  :) but it had to do with being thankful, giving, and helping others. I'm thankful for the time spent together today as a family, the memories we created, the time to spend one on one with Wyatt, and for how God takes care of us! 


                       

No comments:

Post a Comment