Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, November 27, 2014

T-H-A-N-K-S-G-I-V-I-N-G

Things I'm thankful for in THANKSGIVING:

T....traditions. I'm thankful that although we aren't tied down to traditions, they hold a special place in our lives.

H...home. It's not always a clean, tidy home, but it's a haven for our children. It shelters us from so many things.

A...Attitude. So much of my day depends on my attitude. A happy heart is a reflection of a life centered on Christ. I'm thankful that if my attitude is poor, it can be fixed! :)

N...Nearness. I'm thankful that we are together as a family again. Being apart for such a length of time, makes me more thankful that we are together again. 

K...Kindness...words spoken in kindness can make a complete difference in my life and in my children. I desire to have words of kindness.

S...Scripture. I've been reading through the Bible and I'm so thankful for the freedom to read Gods Word for myself. Also, my spouse, Roger, as life wouldn't be the same without him.

G...God's gifts....God has blessed me so much, but I'm especially thankful for my salvation. And I'm thankful for my five precious children. 

I....interruptions. A difficult thing to be thankful for in the middle of my day, but these interruptions are a time to give glory to God whether it's a child who needs me, a meal to be made, a text to reply to, or an argument to settle. Each interruption is an opportunity to be thankful to God. 

V....A voice to praise Him, and to reflect glory and praise to the name of Jesus Christ.

I....Independence. It's easy to get bogged down by all the wrong choices our country is making, but we are so blessed to live in this land. We have the freedom to worship God, free speech, and to raise our children to love God. While these freedoms are being chipped away at, we still have much to be thankful for in this country. 

N....New snow. I know...who likes snow?! I do! I love the fresh snow that God has given us and it's another reflection on what God has done for me. He has washed my sins away and made me white as snow. 

G...Grandparents. I'm thankful that my children are loved by their grandparents, and that we live close to my parents so that the kids can interact with them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment