Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Amazing Blessings and Prayers Needed!

As a child of God, I'm working on my life being a reflection of Christ. God brings us through the valleys of life so that we can see Him more clearly. Sometimes these valleys are very huge like the loss of a loved one, a transition for the family, a health issue, etc., but sometimes the valley is just more like a swamp that we can't see clearly where we are and where we are going. It's in these moments that our lives are defined by our relationships with Christ. Are we going to "walk by faith" when we can't see the trail, or are we going to stay in the swamp because "it's where I'm at"? Over the last year I've had my share of moments in the swamp, but I'm thankful for all those who continually prayed for me and encouraged me to keep my eyes on Christ! 

When I can't see the trail ahead and the future seems unclear, I know that I can trust His Word. God's Word gives me the promise that I can put one foot in front of the other! 

Proverbs 3:5 & 6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalms 61:2
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Isaiah 40:28,29
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

Over the last few weeks, we've been on an adventure in the valley (or swamp!). We've been trusting the Lord to show us His perfect plan. It became clear that God was going to give Roger a job somewhere else, and that we needed to get our house ready to sell. 

After a few crazy days and weeks of hard work, the house went on the market on Tuesday. While the realtor was here on Monday, and forty five minutes after the sign was in the yard, someone stopped by to see the property! The boys were excited because they were able to go to Mcdonalds for lunch while the realtor showed the property. :) The man said he was very interested, but I've come to realize that "interested" and "making an offer" are not the same thing! :) 

However, our house listing went online on Tuesday, and on Wednesday we had our first house showing! So once more I ran around like a chicken without a head getting the house ready for a showing. When Roger and I bought our house, we had looked at 26 other homes. I knew what I would look for if I was buying a house, so I worked on those areas. No clutter and no junk just clean and tidy! (However, don't look in closets or under beds!!) 

We received our first offer at our first house showing!!! I am amazed at all that God can do...just because HE CAN!! It was a full price offer...how awesome it that?! I am excited and thrilled, but the offer did have one contingency on it- and it's a big one! They have a house that they need to sell first. So, we did accept their offer...however, we also are still going ahead with selling the house. Confused yet? I certainly was when our realtor was explaining it! :) 

We can still have an open house on Sunday; and if we have someone make a better than full price offer, we have a couple of options. The first couple to make an offer will have 72 hours to either come up with the money quicker or back out of the house. So...since God can do whatever He wants to do, I might as well pray big! It would be awesome to see God give us multiple offers, and perhaps an offer that isn't contingent on someone selling their house? 

All that to say....please don't stop praying now! I've come to realIze that nothing is for sure until the papers are signed and the check is in hand! Please pray that God will either sell the home of the people that made the offer, or that God would make it clear that He has something else in mind. I know that my faith has been made stronger, my relationship with God deeper, and my belief in the power of prayer has grown in the last few days. We will continue to pray believing that God can because HE'S the great "I AM"! 

Thank you all for your prayers, and please, please, pray! :)  Here is the link to our home: 


Roger and I are excited to see God at work, and we are praying for His continued direction. Please pray with us! 

UPDATE: April 12
We did have an open house today. My dad and I spent the entire day yesterday working on the house. I painted, cleaned, landscaped, and repeated that process several times over! My dad fixed some broken tile, put up baseboard, trimmed a window, and filled in potholes in our driveway. To say I'm exhausted would be an understatement! I'm tired, emotionally unstable, weary, and sick of work! :) 

However, I'm thankful for my dad for helping me. I'm thankful for a husband who encourages me and prays continually for me. I'm thankful for friends like Gretchen and Sean Schilder, who feed me and my children, watch for ways to help me, encourage me, and bring me coffee!!! :) 

And of course, you are wondering what was the result of the open house? Well, God decided that He wasn't going to have anything happen today. Four couples walked through the house, but we didn't receive any offers. That was disappointing for me simply because I think I wanted someone to take notice and appreciate all my hard work! :) So, for now I'm just going to continue to pray that God allows me to see Him show Himself stong. I'm going to be faithful, I'm going to love my husband and my kids, and I'm going to continue to pray for Gods clear direction...one day at a time! 

Those were the updates from Wisconsin...now for other news: 

Arizona: Roger arrived safely on Tuesday. This week has been so full and crazy busy that it seems like much longer ago than that! He started the training on Wednesday, and he is going through all the boring, logistical stuff! He was sharing a trailer with another pilot, but the other pilot decided that this wasn't the job for him. He left on Friday, so Roger currently has the trailer to himself, and he's fine with that! :) 

One huge praise from Roger is the fact that he has common ground with the Assistant chief pilot at the job. This man and his family attend the Baptist church there in Page! How wonderful for God to allow Roger to have some fellowship with another believer on the job?! God is so good! 

We are looking forward to being back together again as a family, so please pray for us as we continue to work towards that. 

I have much, much more I could write about;  but I fear that as tired as I am, I might come across as whinny and confusing. That being said, I'm off to bed! 

Good night, friends! Thanks for the prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment