Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Arizona News and Updates



I think I mentioned last time that Roger's trailer mate left the job, and Roger currently has the place to himself. This is actually a big praise as it gives Roger the opportunity to talk freely with us, and he has a place to unwind at the end of the day. 

He flew the plane for the first time yesterday, April 16, and he says in a few more hours he thinks he'll be comfortable in it. Most of the training is still wading through the logistical, legal stuff, so it's pretty dry. 

On a positive note, Roger says that the town is a lot prettier than it looks on google earth! :) This is a good thing! The town is laid out with lots of walking and biking trails, which will be awesome for myself and the children. Since Roger arrived in Arizona ten days ago, he's driven twenty five miles in his car. The weather there has been cooler than here in Wisconsin, but somehow I know that will change! :) 

Roger has been gone for two weeks, and it seems so much longer! I think it's because we are trying to sell the house, pack up, finish school, and keep our sanity! :) The truth is that God always gives me more than I can handle, and every day presents challenges that are too much for me. Yet God's grace sustains me, His presence surrounds me, and His love strengthens me for the challenges I face. I'm seeing God at work in a mighty way...I just sometimes wish He'd work a little faster! (Because I'm impatient!) 

There really hasn't been any action on our house this week. We had four couples come to the open house last weekend, but nothing new this week. The couple that we accepted the offer from has now listed their property and are trying to sell it. I think maybe that's where God is going to once again show Himself stong...I hope!! I drove past the property that they are trying to sell, and said, "Oh my!". God can certainly do whatever he wants to do, and I know that he can get a buyer for that property because that seems like a really big miracle! So, I have to remind myself that this is not a worry that needs to consume me, as God has it all under control. If it's time to leave for Arizona, and we still have a house to sell, God knows all about that too. In a book I'm reading "The Red Sea Rules", the author gives a statement about worry..."Someone defined worry as a small trickle of fear that meanders through the mind, cutting a channel into which all other thoughts flow." That statement stopped me, and I reread it several times...wow! I don't want my worries to consume me, and I want to be dependent upon God! 

We have two and 1/2 weeks of school left, and I cannot wait to be done!! The kids are chomping at the bit too, so school has been a little rough. We just keep pressing on with many thanks for all of my moms help! 

Update from Roger: He gained another trailer mate on Thursday, and the man left on Friday! I asked Roger if he was scaring them off! :) I'm thankful that God has allowed Roger to have the trailer mostly to himself though as it makes it easier for all of us. Since Roger doesn't get paid for training, our finances need to last until our first payday. I think if we are careful and watch where each penny disappears to, we will make it. I've been doing plasma twice a week so that's an extra $50.00 a week, and God has miraculously provided at every spot we've needed provision...God is so, so good!! 

It was a busy week this last week for me as we had dinner at our friends house on Monday. Phil and Autumn invited us over for dinner, and the kids were delighted to play with friends. I needed to get a few things at Target, and Autumn offered to watch the kids so that I could go all my myself. As it turned out, Chandler desperately needed to spend some one on one time with me. I ended up taking him with me even though I was looking forward to some one on one time with me!! We did have a good time together, and I listened to his heart. He's very sensitive to a lot of things, and I needed him to make me awars of some things that he is struggling with in his life. 

On Tuesday, my friend, Gretchen, and I took our kids along with us to a trip to Sam's Club. We had nine children all under the age of nine...and it was an adventure! Since we are both used to taking our kids lots of places with us, it was fine. The kids did great, and they were delighted to each get and Icee at the store. We didn't even lose any of them!! After that adventure, we went to church to participate in the Spring outreach campaign. I've been helping out in the Bible club every week, and I've been taking my kids with me. However, Chandler wanted to help make Bibles in the printshop. Gretchen agreed to keep an eye on him, and he had a great time doing that. The other boys had a great time coming along to the Bible Club and participating in that. It's been a joy and a privilege to help out each week, but it does make for some tired children!

Wednesday was a day filled with appointments, church, and plasma for me. Chandler had a dentist appointment in the morning, then back for school, home for nap and lunch, doctors appointments for Wyatt and Chandler, off to Oshkosh for errands, plasma, supper, and church...craziness! 

Thursday was a rough day for me. There was a ladies get together in the evening at church. They were going to play volleyball which I really enjoy. However, I also knew that I didn't have anyone to watch the kids, and I should just stay home. It was a tough decision for me, since I didn't want to be responsible...I wanted to go play! However, I know that my kids needed to stay home and that was the right decision. My dad took the boys fishing for a bit in the afternoon, so they came back muddy, sloppy, and tired!  They only caught three little ones, but they all want to go again! 

Friday was a school and field trip day. We took a phonics test in the morning, and then we headed to the park to meet up with some friends. We had a good visit at the park with several other moms and their kids and lots of food! I'm thankful for good friends and fellowship. After the park, we headed to the EAA museum with the LOngsine family. The boys really enjoyed the museum and spending time with their friends. I think Emma would have preferred a nap at home, but we all had a great time.

Saturday was a day spent at home. We moved gravel around to fill in some spots in the driveway, hauled off the trash, and cleaned up the yard. My dad helped me a lot!! He took the boys fishing in the afternoon and I headed into Oshkosh with Emma. Our church was hosting a Baptists for Life Rally, and I worked in the nursery to give other families the opportunity to attend. I hear that it was well attended and the Dr. David Gibbs, Jr. did a great job on the message. Thankfully, I'll be able to listen to it via our church website. After the rally, I went to pick up the boys at my parents house. They hadn't caught any fish, but they can't wait to go again! We had an enjoyable cookout together as a family. 

Sunday was filled with church activities. I am working on a puppet script with a few friends, so we did that during the Childrens church. After Sunday night church, we had college age snack night. It's always a lot of fun for me to do, but a lot more challenging with five small kids and school the next day...thankfully, school is almost over!! 

Monday, April 20
Today is my precious Wyatt's birthday! We are so blessed to have him in our lives. He is always the one who wants to fix things, tear apart stuff, and he is my most agressive boy! I'm blessed to be his mama, and I'm thankful for each day with him. It's hard to believe that he turns six today. 

Today was also a day filled with challenges that seemed insurmountable, overwhelming, and daunting challenges. It was a day that I was once again reminded of what a great father I have. When I called my dad to explain my challenge, he immediately came to help me! With Roger gone, my dad has helped out in so many ways. I'm also thankful for my friend, Gretchen, who came and picked up my five children so that I could deal with what I needed to do. Did I write about it? Yes! But it's a post for another day...somewhere down the road! 

Tuesday, April 21
Praise the Lord - it's a new day! We did chores, school, and endured a rather rainy, miserable day. We also spent some time running errands, picking out a cake for Wyatt's birthday party on Friday, and helping out in the spring campaign for church. I did a puppet show again this week with help from the pastor's daughter, Harmony. My friend, Ginny, also helped me...even though she didn't want too! :) I did not really want to go this week as the weather is crummy, I'm tired, and I wanted to go home. But still God blessed our efforts anyways! We had twenty visitors attend the Bible club, and it's exciting to see new faces in the crowd every week...God is so good! 

Thank you all for your prayers! We CANNOT wait to be together again as a family. As much as I will dearly miss my friends here, I need my husband. My kids need their daddy, and we are counting down the days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment