Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A "just go back to bed" kind of week!

Sunday, May 10, 2015
Today was Mothers Day. It was a hard, emotionally challenging day for me, and I spent a lot of the day in tears. I missed Roger terribly, and the boys are a little on the young side to even know what Mother's Day is about, and that's okay. However, it was a challenging day on so many levels. I could go into more details, but it would probably come across as complaining rather than sharing my heart, so I'll just leave it in there. But, we did make it through the day! One of the ways I chose to get my mind off myself was to do something nice for a few ladies in our church. I wrote out six different notes to ladies in the church that have been exceptional moms this past year, at least in my eyes. I worked on getting my mind off of myself and onto others. It did work...kinda. By the time evening church came around, I was still emotional, tired, and weary. I should've just stayed home, but I was looking for some adult company. However after realizing that I couldn't even make it thorough the music part of the service  without tears, I decided to go home. So that's what we did. I left part way through the service with the kids, and we went home. I think my children were a bit in shock over the decision, but I think it was the right choice for us. We went home, made some supper, talked for a bit, and I put the kids in bed. My friend, Gretchen, sent me a text asking if she could come over, and at first I said no. I'm glad that she persisted and came over anyways. She  brought decaf coffee and just listened to me talk. I greatly appreciated the chance to have adult company and with a good friend.

Monday, May 11
It was rainy and dreary most of the day. I had made plans to have a play date with my friend, Jenna, at our house, however, we decided to go to a McDonalds with a play land instead. So after Wyatt's speech lesson, and Travis's 4k class, we spent some time at the play land. It's been too long since I've had a good visit with this friend, and it was so good to finish each other's sentences and share our mommy woes. :) I was feeling tired all day, but I figured it was probably from an emotional day on Sunday and Wyatt and Emma not sleeping well the night before. After the play date, we took a quick trip to Sams Club. Everyone was getting tired and I was really tired, so we headed home. By the time we arrived home it was around four, and I was feeling really cold. I was beginning to think I had caught the bug that Wyatt had last week. By seven, I was ready for bed. Since Emma hadn't had much of a nap, she was ready for bed. I told the boys to brush teeth, get on clean clothes, and get ready for bed. Then I told them that they could watch a movie, and when the movie was over they needed to get in bed. Travis was already showing signs of being tired, so I put him in bed too. I didn't feel good for most of the night with a low grade fever, and then my throat hurt terribly on Tuesday morning. 

Tuesday, May 12
I woke up this morning feeling like something that the cat dragged in. My throat was on fire, and I really wanted to stay in bed. However, I managed to get all the kids up, Travis to his field trip day at school, and then dropped off the boys and Emma at my parents house. Wyatt had a dentist appointment, so I took him to that. I was so tired that I had to fight from falling asleep in the waiting room. By the time Wyatt was done with his appointment, I was thinking that maybe I had an ear infection. Since I still had a little time before picking up Travis from school, I went over to the walk in clinic. We had plenty of time when we arrived, but we were running short on it by the time the doctor saw me. She swabbed my throat for strep, and then said that the results took about ten minutes. I didn't have ten minutes! So I asked if I could go pick up Travis and then come back for the results. So we went to pick up Travis, and came back for the results. Yes, I have strep throat! I have never, ever had strep throat, and it's not fun! It hurst to swallow, it's painful to eat, and it is just not fun! The nurse said to keep the kids away form my drinks and food, and to get lots of rest...um...yeah, okay! 

We also had a showing tonight at 7:30 pm., so I had lots to do to get ready for that. My friend, and realtor, Jenn, was waiting at our house after I got home from picking up the boys. She had some papers I needed to sign, and while she was waiting she got started on cutting the grass! We visited for a few minutes, and then I realized that she had brought our family subs and coffee for me! I could've cried, it was so thoughtful and sweet! I didn't eat anything, but the coffee was delicious. Trying to keep the kids form drinking out of the cup was a challenge! 

Thankfully, Emma took a three hour nap today, which gave me time to cut the front yard. Our lawn mow ever isn't working...again...so I used a push mower. The boys helped me out a lot. Normally, I would want to do it beaus it's exercising, but today I was very grateful for the help. We did get all of the front yard cut, so hopefully, it makes a good impression on the people looking at the house tonight. 

It's hard to be a parent when I'm feeling good, but when I'm feeling lousy, it's much, much more challenging! I'm thankful that the boys did try to help get ready for the open hose today. They picked up the yard, each took turns at pushing the mower, and tried to be helpful in sweeping. :) I love them each so much, and I am so very blessed.

We haven't heard yet on how the showing went tonight, but I know I'm exhausted and I'm going to bed.

Wednesday, May 13
Although I'm still feeling very, very tired today, my throat feels much better! Twenty four hours on the antibiorotics really does make a huge difference! 

Today was a low key day for me, since yesterday was very full and overwhelming. The boys and I did finish the back yard mowing, and we walked down to the park. We also had lots of quiet time today also. 

The boys appear to be feeling fine, but the incubation period for strep is one to three days. I just don't think I can risk them being carriers, so we won't be going to church tonight. The two big boys were so disappointed that they cried since tonight was the last night for the Kids program, and they've had perfect attendance so far this year. :( It wasn't a fun decision to make, but I don't want to feel responsible if someone gets sick either! 

My friend, Heather, graciously brought us supper tonight. I was so thankful for her thoughtfulness and to have a few moments of adult conversation. Travis had taken a two hours nap today, and when he woke up he still acted tired. By the time Heather arrived with supper, he was on the couch with his pillow and blanket. As Heather and I were talking, Travis threw up on his blanket and clothes, so yes, it's a good thing that we didn't go to church tonight! 

Thursday, May 14
Although Travis seems to be feeling better, he spent most of the morning napping on the couch. He's obviously still very tired if he can sleep through all the noise around him! So it was another low key day for us. The other boys and Emma played outside for several hours, and around one o'clock Travis seemed to turn a corner for the better. He was ready to eat something and go outside, so I guess he's over the little bug he had in him. I am feeling much, much better as far as the strep. However, there are days when I wake up thinking, "wow, I couldn't possibly get any more tired!" And then several hours later I realIze that it is possible to become more tired! I was able to lay down for almost an hour today while Emma napped, Travis napped, and Garett and Chandler played quietly. Wyatt also took a nap after insisting that he wasn't tired at all...while using a very whiny voice! So, he fell asleep for over three hours, and I think he might have been tired! 

I also recieved word that there will be another showing on our house tomorrow. Yay for showings, but bad for all the work they entail. Back to work we went picking up the yard, cleaning the house again,etc. The house is still clean from Tuesday's showing, but it's all the things that make the house look lived in that require time and effort. Picking up all the shoes, jackets, and clothes, making sure the sink is clean and counters are clear, organizing the garage with all the bikes, finding places to hide the baskets of clothes that are airing to be folded, making the beds very neatly (the boys make the beds, but not neat enough for a showing), putting away the boxes that we are trying to pack, etc. I'm very thankful for another showing, it's just becoming more and more challenging to actually live in our house. 

My mom and I are also going to and A Beka Materials display to pick out the school books for next year! It seems a little crazy, but I can save quite a bit of money by ordering the books now. 

We are also leaving tomorrow afternoon to go visit some friends that live near Milwaukee. The Longsines have children close in age to our kids, and they invited us down to spend a few days. We are leaving  tomorrow and coming back on Sunday afternoon. The kids are super excited about seeing their friends, and I'm excited to get away from the house for a bit! Beka and Jared are good friends of ours, and we are looking forward to some good fellowship together. I'm not sure exactly how relaxing it will be with nine kids between us, but it's sure to be an adventure. :) 

And since the house will be immaculate, I might as well pray for several showings this weekends :) 

Roger is definitely enjoying his job, but he's lonely...imagine that! I know that he misses his family terribly, and we are both looking forward to being together as a family again. I truly can't wait! God has brought us thus far and even when it seems like this tunnel will never end, God is faithful. We do need extra prayer for a miracle. It doesn't look like the company is going to let us rent out the trailer that Roger is living in, but living there would make things much easier for our family. Please pray that the owner and company would consent to this for our family. 

Thank you all for the prayers.



                   The boys worked hard at pulling Emma in the turtle sandbox! 

        

                         Emma ate some of the vegetables, but she ate mostly the dip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment