Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Answers to Prayer

Now that we have a closing date in sight, it's a long, uphill road through paperwork, address changes, phone calls, boxes, and the rest of the list! I'm not complaining, by any means, God has been so good to us; however, I feel like my to-do list is so long that I don't know where to start! So instead I sit around thinking of all that I should be doing while I'm walking with Emma or reading to her, and then I make a list and promptly lose it! I'm sure I'm the only one that those things ever happen to- or not! :) 

In good news, I did secure a storage unit to store our stuff in for now. It is available June 1, and it's in Berlin. It was a challenge to find a unit available, but God provided one for us. I've been weeding through lots of different spaces in the house and wondering where all this stuff come from! And even as I continue to pack, I wonder if I'll even miss any of it for six months! (When we took our trip to Alaska, it was a perfect reminder of all the things I don't need!) I feel that this adventure to Arizona will be a good reminder for us also of all the things we don't need! :) 

Yesterday was our septic and well inspection. The same guy that did it for us when we bought the house was the inspector today. There were a few recommendations for things that should be done with the septic and well, but nothing that was a requirement. So, provided the water test comes back okay, we should be good to keep rolling. The inspector said that the mound system was in good shape for having five small children live on the property and all the laundry and flushing toilets that must happen. :) So, it looks like we have the home inspection to still get through, and I don't know yet when that will happen. 

Roger is pursuing a ticket to fly out here and then drive us back. This would be a huge help to me, and hopefully help us all reconnect as a family before we are in new territory in Arizona. 

Thursday, May 28
It was a busy day with securing a storage unit, dropping off teacher appreciation gifts for our speech teacher and Travis' 4K teachers, then home to put Emma down for a nap, packing, a short walk, and dinner at a friends house! 

My mom watched Emma for me this morning so I could fill out the paperwork for a storage unit, drop off gifts, go to the bank, and pick up a few groceries. When I came to pick up Emma, my dad was taking her for a ride on the four wheeler. She was delighted with that! 

Later this afternoon, my friend, Katie came over to help me pack. We packed up most of the boys room and even managed to take down the bunk bed...be impressed! :) The boys can sleep on the floor for the next few weeks, and they'll probably think it's great! I feel like as much as we've cleaned out and thrown away, we shouldn't have all that much to pack. Yet all the packing is very overwhelming. After Katie left, I took Emma for a walk because I just needed to take a break. Emma enjoys going on walks, and she will often go out in the garage and sit in the stroller. She then proceeds to holler "walk" very loudly and often until I come and check on her. I can't always take her on a walk when she would like to go, but we have enjoyed several walks together this week. 

My friend, Gretchen, invited me to her house for supper tonight. However, it was far, far more than just supper! When I walked in there were balloons, friends, streamers, food, and a get-together for me! Some of my very dear and close friends had made plans for a party for me! It was such a blessing to gather with these ladies who have prayed for me, listened to me, watched my kids, brought me coffee, cried with me, laughed with me, and loved me throughout this past year. The ladies couldn't possibly include all the ladies that have prayed for me or encouraged me, but it did represent some of my very dear friends. I am so thankful for each of these friends, and I treasure the memories. They also had thoughtfully made a gift for me to hang up in our new home, and blessed our family with several gas gift cards, a food gift card, and a coffee gift card! I am one very blessed friend! 

Friday, May 29
Last night Roger let me know that he was able to purchase a plane ticket to come home for the house closing! This is a huge answer to prayer for both of us, and one that we are very thankful that God answered in this way. Roger will be flying into Milwaukee on June 17, we will sign the papers on June 19, and then begin the trek to Arizona. Please pray that the house closing will happen smoothly and on time. I am hoping to have most of the house packed up by the time Roger gets here. We will have plenty to do in the two days before we leave, so I would like to avoid the stress of still having packing to do. 

This morning I was able to have a coffee date at a friends house. A few of us gathered for food and fellowship, and a lively, animated discussion on what we had been reading in our Bibles. I tend to be very passionate about things that I believe strongly in, but I enjoy having friends that challenge and discuss what we are learning. It was a good time, but it was so different just having Emma to take along. I am missing  the boys, and I will be glad to see them again. However, this week has been a bit of a reprieve for me, and it's helped me to become refocused on some important things. 

After the mommy date, Gretchen came over to load up our spare bed. They are having company this week, and they were looking for someone with an extra queen bed to borrow. I said that they could use our spare bed in the basement, but they can't bring it back! Gretchen and I had quite the adventure getting that bed out of the basement. The mattress wasn't too bad as its a little bit flexible. However, the box spring was a different matter entirely! We ended up taking apart part of the stairs to get it out of the basement. However, we did succeed! We managed to get everything tied on the van, fixed the stairs, and put the car jack away. (Don't ask!) It was a ton of work, and had some frustrating moments, but at least I had a great friend to laugh our way through the experience! 

I haven't decided yet if I've been able to make progress packing. I feel like I have a bunch of huge messes, but the progress is hidden! I start working on something, and then have to take a break or walk away for a bit. I know we will get there,  but June 19 is looming closer every day! 

My next prayer request is housing. We have not been able to find anything that would work for our family and fit in the budget. We will be in Arizona in three weeks, and we still don't know where we will live. For the mama in me this is very difficult. It's challenging to know what to pack when you don't know where you will be living! Roger had a good lead on a place we could afford, only to find out it had been rented about an hour before he called! Please pray for continued wisdom and direction for us, and that God will provide something soon. 

Roger was able to get in a little bit of cross country time today, and he passed his annual flight physical. Tomorrow Roger is scheduled to fly on thirteen tours, so it will be a long day for him. That being said, God is going to need to drop the place we need to live in our laps as Roger's time is limited. However, nothing is impossible with God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment