Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, May 22, 2015

Woo Hoo! Praising Jesus!

Thursday, May 21

Wow! It is very quiet around here with out any boys in the house! Emma is still working on entertaining herself with toys rather than making messes! :) Thursday was a crazy busy day for me with getting ready for three house showings in the evening. Emma was up very early, and it was challenging to get the house in immaculate order with her clinging to my leg. After working on the house for a while, I ran to town to try to do a few errands. We went to the attorney to see about getting some paperwork done in case the house sells. Then we renewed the car registration, went and picked up some new light bulbs as the ones in the bathroom quit working, and then came home. I had put together a meal earlier in the day for a lady in our church who just had a baby, so I gathered up those items. We dropped off the meal and visited for a bit, and then went to visit a friend while we waited to hear back on the house showings. 

Showing number one: the potential buyers were running late, so the people with showing number two actually saw the house first. The people that were supposed to be showing number two liked the house and location, but they felt that the house was too small for the needs of their family. 

Showing number two: these folks were supposed to having the first showing, but since they were running late, they were second. They really seemed to like the house, and told the realtor that they might put in an offer tomorrow after they slept on it. The realtor told our realtor that he would've never guessed that five kids lived in the house and that the house showed itself really well! Yay! Those are enrouaging words to this mama! 

Showing number three: they like the location and the wildlife, but not the layout of the house. 

So, here we are with a possibilty of an offer, a counter offer we need to respond too, and the full price people that need to sell their house. I guess we will pray and see what God does tomorrow. 

Friday, May 22
I spent the morning going to yard sales with a friend and her children. I didn't have anything that I needed to buy, but it was a good time of fellowship. I found a tractor for the boys and a book for Emma for a quarter each. :) 

After the yard sales, we went to my friend, Gretchen's house to feed all the kids lunch. I ended up putting Emma down for a nap also since she would've fallen asleep on the way home. While she was napping, I was able to go for a short run. :)

Emma and I came home later in the afternoon, and I realized that I couldn't find my iPad anywhere. I looked all over the house for it, in the diaper bag, in the car, everywhere, and I couldn't find it. I had used it this morning to talk to Roger via face time, but now I couldn't find it. I panicked a little when I realized it was nowhere to be found. While I try not to be dependent on technology, I do use my iPad for writing on the blog, communicating with Roger, answering emails, and paying bills. I sat down and asked the Lord to please help me find it. Even if it was broken, I needed to find it. I called Roger, and he had his mom call me via FaceTime. Nothing happened. I couldn't hear it ringing, and it didn't seem like it was in the house. I remembered that maybe I had set it on the roof of the car when I buckled Emma in that morning. Oh no!! I put Emma in the stroller and began to walk down the road. I pleaded with God to please let me find it even if it was broken. We had walked about .2 miles when I looked across the road, and there was my iPad case! I walked over towards the iPad and looked it over carefully. The case is torn, ripped, and dirty, but the iPad doesn't have any scratches on the inside!! It had lain beside the road for over seven hours without getting run over by a tractor, stolen by someone, or fried in the sun. God truly does hear the cries of his children. I am just in awe that He chose to bless me in this way. Apparently, I shouldn't drive cars as I tend to set things on the roof of them...like keys, iPads, etc. When I drive the suburban, the roof is too high to set anything on top of it, so I guess I need to stick with that! Don't mind me, I'm just praising Jesus over here!! :) 

Tonight I had a date with a friend for my birthday. Autumn took me out for coffee, a pedicure, and supper. Her husband, Phil, watched Emma for me. It was so nice to have an evening of several hours of talking, sharing burdens, listening and sharing our hopes and dreams, and enjoying our friendship. Autumn has become a dear friend to me,and I have watched her grow in her relationship with her husband, the Lord, her children, and other women in the church. This is the woman who needed a friend, and God blessed me with the opportunity to become her friend. It's a friendship that has shared lots of tears, laughter, frustrations, joys, trials, and triumphs. I'm looking forward to seeing how God continues to use her. 

                          
   

Roger and I countered our house offer today. The people that were a strong "maybe" never came forward with an offer, so we stepped out on faith and gave our counter offer people our best and final offer. I don't know what they will do with it, but I'm praying that they will accept. I have a house to pack, a husband to see, and children that need their daddy! 

Saturday, May 23
Emma and I spent the morning sorting through several drawers and packing a few boxes. Emma seems to be tired today, so she was back in the bed for a nap by 9:30 am. :) I cleaned the house, and thought about some ideas for Childrens church tomorrow. When Emma woke up around eleven, we went to a few yard sales. I mostly went just to get in some walking, but we did find four stainless steel water bottles for  .25 each. :) We will need those in Arizona! Then we went to Oshkosh to do a few errands. I needed to find a differnt case for my iPad since the one that fell off the car is torn. When I went to Target, there was a case for an iPad that was waterproof, drop proof, and sturdy. It was originally $129.00, but it was on clearance for $38.00. I think the Lord was trying to tell me something! :) So, my iPad is now in its new case and hopefully it will never be dropped off the roof of the car again. I also dropped off a piece of mail for Rogers brother, Mark. While out and about, our realtor called and told me that she was picking up the offer at 4:00pm. I didn't expect to hear back from them today, so that was a bit of a surprise. 

On the way home from Oshkosh, our realtor, Jenn, called to tell me that the offer had been accepted! How I praise the Lord for this answer to prayer! The buyer doesn't have a house to sell and would like to close on June 20, 2015. I met up with Jenn to sign the paperwork. We also gave our first offer people their notice. They have 72 hours to decide if they are going to buy our house, or if they are going to walk away. The people that have the second accepted offer on our property did not offer a full price offer, and it's a little lower than what I would choose if time was on our side. However, time is not on my side, this is what the Lord provided, it is a decent offer, and we will rejoice and be glad in it! 

We now have many, many details to work out, a home inspection to pass, a water test and septic inspection, a house to pack up, children to take care, a storage unit to rent, papers to sign, and about 5,000 other things on the "must-do" list! However, one thing at a time! Thank you for your continued prayers! God is good all the time. 

Sunday, May 24
It was just Emma and I to get ready for church this morning. She's been getting up very early the last few days, but it would be nice if she would decide to sleep past six sometime soon! :) 

I had Children's Church this morning, which went very well. I enjoy the couple that we work with (Dane and Katie) and will miss working with them. Today was supposed to be my last Sunday working in children's church, but everything is a little up in the air at the moment. 

Emma took her nap on the way home, so there was no rest time for mama! We read some books, cleaned out a few drawers, and talked with my sister, Jen. The boys will be getting to her house this afternoon as they are on their way back from their Montana Excurison. :) I sure do miss those boys of ours!  

My friend, Jenna, and I met for supper before church. Time always passes by so quickly when I spend time with her, but we are soaking up the memories! Jenna and I have been very good friends for about four years. We've had embarrassing moments together, laughs together, lots of tears together, running together, and praying for each other. She is so, so dear to my heart. I will forever be thankful that God allowed Jenna to become my friend, confident, encourager, and sister in Christ. I don't think that words can truly describe how deep and dear our friendship is to me. 

Funny moment: while talking with Roger tonight, he mentioned that he was concerned about talking with the boys when they arrive in Arizona. I was very confused, and I asked "well, why?" He explained that because the town is based right by Lake Powell's dam,  many things are named after the dam. There is a Dam Park, Dam Road, Dam Beach, etc. Do you see his concerns? :) I just laughed as I can picture one of my children announcing to my parents that they went to visit the Dam Park! :) Oh, the memories will will make! 

Update on Roger: I sure do love that man! This has been a rough, long year, but he's managed to finish the course, find a job, and provide for his family the best he can. Roger is loving the flying aspect of the job, but he's anxious for us to arrive also. Please pray that some type of housing would open up that we can afford. We need a place for everyone to sleep and eat without spending all of our paycheck to do it! We know that God already has something in mind, we are just trying to wait patiently! 

Also today: When I put Emma in her car seat, she was holding on to a small plastic horse. I put the horse on the roof of the car to buckle her in her car seat. Does anyone have a guess about what happened to the horse?! 

* In my devotions this week, I was reading about David and Jonathan. God gave them a very special friendship that lasted through some very challenging experiences. When Saul was hunting David, and David was hiding in the woods for fear of his life,  God sent Jonathan to David. The Bible says that Jonathan strengthened David in the Lord. Jonathan encouraged David to stay the course, be committed, and to follow God. How often we need someone like that in our lives! Someone to say, "stick with it. It will be worth it. Trust in the Lord. Be strong." I want to be a friend like Jonathan to someone and encourage them in the Lord. It's a completely radom thought, but that passage of Scripture in I Samuel 23 really made an impression on me this week. Anyone else care to share what God showed you? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment