Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, September 24, 2018

Dates and Dentists!


  

 


A little behind on here this week, but that’s life!

(9-17)Monday: Date Morning!
Roger had off today and the kids were all in school! Hooray!! (Did I shout that out loud?!) Emma had her “show and share” this morning, so she happily trotted off to school with her bag full of some suspicious looking treasures. After dropping the kids off at school, Roger and I headed out to breakfast. I can’t remember the last time we went out with just the two of us as it’s been that long ago! We had breakfast at a great local restaurant named “Moody’s”. It’s the type of restaurant my dad would really like,  so I hope we get the opportunity to take him there the next time my parents come this way. After breakfast we went on a hike. I’m glad it was just the two of us as it was a rather boring trail with way too many mosquitoes! But that did make us walk quickly! We came home, and Roger took a nap as he’s not feeling well. I worked on laundry as usual, and also on contacting as many businesses as I could come up with to email about donations for our school auction. This is such a HUGE endeavor, and it takes a lot of work!

We picked up Emma who was happy to tell us about her “wonderful” day. Emma was so happy to see that daddy was off work because then she didn’t have to ride along to pick up the boys in the afternoon. The School office called me about 1:40pm, to say that my son “Travis” was sick. Then I  heard another voice and then the correction, “No, it’s Wyatt that is sick.” What?! He had eaten breakfast, not mentioned anything about not feeling well; but apparently at gym class, he did NOT feel well! I came into school to pick him up, and he looked a bit white. I found a grocery sack in the car and gave it to him “just in case”. We hadn’t even pulled out of the school parking lot when he needed that bag! I do not handle vomiting very well at all, and I never have. I let him do his thing,    while I held my head out the window and tried to block out sounds and smells! (Yeah, no mother-of-the- year award there!)  Because we were so close to pick up time for the other kids, we just had to  hang around until their  dismissal. Wyatt came home and laid on the couch the rest of the afternoon and evening. But it was a weird evening for Roger and I because by the time bedtime came around at 7:30pm, three of our five kids were already sleeping! Chandler had crawled into bed right after supper from a powerful headache. Travis said that he had a head ache too, so he was sleeping by bedtime also! We only had our oldest and youngest child to even put in the beds! Wyatt had thrown up several other times earlier in the afternoon, so I had already told him that he wouldn’t be going to school in the morning. Travis asked me how sick he needed to be to stay home! I told him that he needed rest, drink more water and his head ache would go away. He took me seriously as he went to bed before 7:30!

By Tuesday morning, Wyatt was back to himself! He told me that he woke up in the middle of the night, and he was hungry. So he ate three granola bars and went back to sleep. Yeah, he’s definitely feeling better! Travis and Chandler were both up earlier than normal...probably because they had been asleep so early! Wyatt was disappointed to not get to go to school, Travis was trying to figure out how “sick” he needed to be, and it was an early morning in our house! Roger called me around 8:30am. to say that he was not feeling well and would be coming home. The weather was kinda dreary anyways, and the company would not be flying. Roger has been battling a cold, and he just needed extra rest. He came home and spent much of the day sleeping and resting. I worked on many, many projects for my music classes the next day. Emma was happy to have a brother to play with her most of the day, and Wyatt was so sweet to her.

By Wednesday,  we were all back in our places! Roger was feeling much better after a day of rest, and he went to work. I took all the kids to school, taught music classes, did lunch room duty, took Roger some lunch, worked on a bunch of donation letters for our upcoming school auction, and then picked up the boys. I’m always so happy and thankful to go home after a long day away from our house. It  might be a bit messier than I’d like at times, a bit louder than I could imagine, and a bit crazier than it should be, but it’s home.

Today was/is Thursday. After dropping the boys off, Emma and I went to pick up the groceries that I    needed to make chili for hot lunch on Friday. Emma also had a dentist appointment today, and she was a bit apprehensive about it. Travis told her that the dentist would take out all her bad teeth, so she better hoped she had brushed them good...doesn’t that sound like a brother?! Garett sweetly told her that the dentist was kind,  and she could probably get a sticker if she was good. I had figured that I might not be back in time for school pick up, so Allison (my dear friend) had agreed to take my tribe of boys home with her. Emma’s appointment was at 1:30 and we were there about fifteen minutes early. The office was running late,  and it was after two before we were even shown an exam room. Then the x-ray machine wouldn’t work in that room! Poor Emma was doing well, but I could tell she was nervous. She gets really still, and quiet and bites her nails when she is unsure of herself. However, she did great! The dental assistant said that Emma had been her easiest child to take X-rays of all day. I think Emma just wanted to be as still as possible to get done as quickly as she could! Emma does have a few small cavities that need to be taken care of, so we will have to return to the dentist to get those taken care of soon. When I arrived at Allison’s to pick up the boys, they were in the middle of having fun making slime! They had a wonderful time, and I’m thankful for friends that are willing to help me out.

Friday was chapel, hot lunch and other such Friday activities! I made soup for hot lunch (white chicken chili) and my friend, Claire, made a red chili. The students and staff seem to enjoy hot lunch; and even though I often make hot lunch, I do enjoy not having to pack lunches! After lunch, Emma’s friend, Lucy, came home to play for the afternoon. They seemed to have a great time playing together and even using the water hose! Hmm...thy both ended up with wet heads! I was able to get some letters ready to mail out for our fall auction. It’s not my favorite thing to ask for donations, but this is certainly a needed event! The proceeds fund our hot lunches, field trips, teacher appreciation week, technology needs, teacher and staff gifts, woodchips for the playground and much more! (Want to donate? Just send me a message!) It all seems to come together every year, and I am thankful to  have great friends to work alongside with as we labor through this. God is good!

After school on Friday, we went to a pumpkin farm with Allison and her girls. This particular place offered a  free small pumpkin for kids to paint. We had some excited kids as everyone was eager to paint. Travis eventually washed off his pumpkin with the hose and started over. Chandler painted his pumpkin, and on the way home asked how many times we could come back to paint pumpkins. I said, “Don’t you think once was good enough?” He replied, “I don’t really want to paint the pumpkin. But I like pumpkin seeds, and that is one way I could get some.” So yes, he came home and chopped up his pumkin, took out the seeds, and roasted them. I have to say that the seeds were delicious!

Roger was working on Saturday. He’s been working a lot, but we are on the home stretch! He actually has off on Sunday, so I am very excited about that. On Saturday we hung around home for a lot of the day,  as I have just been feeling a bit tired lately. We did have to go get some milk as all three gallons I bought last Saturday were gone! However, it was a low-key day.

Roger had off on Sunday, but he did have to do a flight in the afternoon. Thankfully,  there were extra seats in the airplane.  This meant that the boys could go if they wanted to go along with Dad. Three of the boys went along, but Chandler stayed home. He had a headache, and just needed some quietness. We had a short afternoon at home though as our children’s program was kicking off in the evening. I am working with Emma’s class this year, which I enjoy working with those kids. We had six in our group; but one of them was a bit of handful,  so it felt like way more than six! Another lady is helping me this year named Judy. She’s a wonderful friend, so I’m happy to work with her this year. I do miss working with Allison, but she’s serving in a different area of the children’s  program this year. It’s hard to believe, but this is the start of my third year working with this age group! Time truly flies by! Roger did ask it back in time for the evening children’s program, and I was happy about that. I certainly miss him when he is working on Sundays, so I’m kinda looking forward to the slow season. Roger certainly enjoys his job, and God provided a wonderful boss and job for him.

My dad is doing much better! Thank you to all who have prayed for him. He is still supposed to be recovering, but he was out setting up deer stands earlier this week. So I know he’s feeling much better!


I have more to share about adventures in life, but that’s enough for now! I have hungry kids to feed, lunches to pack and a music class to prepare for on Wednesday.

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.” Ephesians 6:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment