Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Field Trip!

I absolutely love this time of year! It’s such a reminder of what a creative and amazing God we serve! The fall colors are approaching full swing, the air is crisp and cool, and it’s a wonderful time of year! On the other hand...is it seriously October already?!

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to go on a field trip with Wyatt and Travis’s class. My friend, Claire, graciously offered to keep Emma with her. I definitely enjoyed the opportunity to go on the field trip. We were all able to travel together in one vehicle, so I was able to enjoy conversations with Mrs. Wheelis, who teaches second and third grade. The field trip was to the Conservation Fair. This fair is geared toward school aged children. There were educational booths, sessions, and activities for the kids to do. It was a bit of a cooler day, but the sun was shining. The students were able to see an owl, some salamanders, and a snake at the first session we attended. The students seemed to have a great time, and our students were respectful and polite. It is disappointing to report that was not the case with the majority of the students there! At the information booths, the students were supposed to listen and then ask questions. It’s very distracting the way some students were rude and interrupting. Guess what happened every time? The student being rude was asked a question or asked to help with volunteering! This is madness as we are rewarding bad behavior! Unfortunately, this is something that I’ve also observed in recent times in Sunday Schools, Children’s programs, and other such events. No one expects children to behave and because they are so disruptive, the person giving the talk probably felt compelled to try to do something. The unfortunate thing is that I don’t think a lot of teachers had any control over their students, but then again, that’s not possible if you are talking or texting, is it? That part was very disheartening! And it was such a reminder to keep working with our children and students. The future is right in front of our eyes, and we have a tremendous responsibility to point them to Jesus and to help them become a generation that will fear the LORD.  
 






Friday morning was a very rough morning for me. I don’t have rough days very often, but I don’t like them! There has been quite a bit of sickness going around the school, and I woke up feeling very tired. I had heard some discouraging news from my kids after school on Thursday, so I felt I needed to do my best to express some of my concerns. Ever have those conversations that go a lot better in your head than in real life? It was one of those mornings! By the time my friend, Claire, came down to the kitchen to help with lunch, I was a hot mama mess. But God always provides the right encouragement at the right time, first in my friend, Claire, and then Allison brought me coffee. But a weight was lifted, and I moved on with the day.


After hot lunch, Emma and I headed home. I actually decided to try to take a nap, but I never fall  asleep during the day...except this time! I woke up to Emma singing loudly, and the clock read “late”.
 I flew out of bed, gathered up Emma, and went to pick up the boys. We had plans after school to go help Mrs. Terri move wood. The boys enjoy the opportunity to drive the lawnmower with the bucket on the back. It really is a quick process when we all work together. I enjoy visiting with Terri, and the  boys had a great time playing in the yard and with the dog.


Roger had off on Saturday, and we enjoyed the day together. Garett went to his first teen activity, which is hard for this mama to believe! We went out to the youth activity in the afternoon as one of the teens was getting baptized. I was happy to see so many people from the church come out to the  
baptism also.

On Sunday I had the opportunity to play the piano for a local church. I always enjoy the opportunity to serve the Lord in this way. Roger had to work, and I had a bunch of kids with runny noses and barking coughs. Thankfully the kids were able to go to the airport while I played the piano at church. The pastor is a great preacher, and I enjoyed the message on demonstrating a “forgiving love”.  The kids all rested in the afternoon, and that seemed to help us all! For the evening service, I dropped our kids off at our children’s program at our church. It was a very weird feeling to just drop the kids off and not be helping! Emma was very disappointed to not have her mama be her teacher, but I knew she would get over it. Roger was able to pick them up after it was over, so I was able to go grocery shopping after church. It’s not my favorite to do it on Sunday after evening church, but my family likes to eat!


Roger had off on Monday, which meant that we could have a date! Hooray! All the kids were in school on Monday morning, so Roger and I went on a walk. And we went out to breakfast, spent time discussing budgets, dates on the calendar, and our activities for the month of October. It was a profitable morning for us, and we needed a date together. After picking up Emma, we headed home. She was delighted to have daddy home for the day, and even happier that she didn’t have to go pick up the boys in the afternoon. When I picked up the boys from school, Chandler’s teacher mentioned that Chandler seemed to not be feeling well. I asked him about it on the way home, and he replied that he had thrown up after lunch. “What?! Why didn’t you tell your teacher? He said that he just wanted to finish the day. We had a discussion about what information is important to tell our teachers. He spent the afternoon on the couch, and he threw up several more times. He had a terrible headache, and he slept terribly...so did his mama! He was feeling better by Tuesday morning, but I told him he would have to stay home from school. He was disappointed to have to stay home, but Emma was delighted to have a brother home for the day. I worked on many projects around the house, and I did  enjoy having them home for the day. Chandler is back to himself and ready to return to school.

Today is Wednesday, and it was a full day. I taught music classes, which I don’t mind, but it’s a lot to prepare for every week. We are nine weeks away from our Christmas program, and I feel like I have my fingers in about ten pies! Everyone returned to school, and after about three days of cloudy weather, the sun came out! It was a beautiful fall day, and one that I enjoyed greatly. I am so thankful for eyes that can see color, ears to hear music, and a body that can walk and enjoy God’s creation. I am so blessed!

In case you didn’t see it on Facebook, I have signed up to be a beachbody coach. Basically,  I want to help and encourage others on their fitness journeys. I enjoy being active, and while I have so much to learn about nutrition and health, I do enjoy encouraging others. I will always enjoy running, but as I get older I can recognize the importance of strength training. I signed up to have access to the workouts, and then I joined a challenge group. This is a group of wonderful Christian ladies, and I have been encouraged by this group. I like the variety of the workouts, and they have a workout for every body type and every fitness level. I am not going to be getting a six pack of abs, nor do
I really want that, but I do want to be fit for the Master who created me. I want to have energy for my husband and my children, and to encourage others to join me. If you are interested in learning more, I’d love to hear from you. And you can visit my website if your interested.

https://mysite.coach.teambeachbody.com/?coachId=1765734&locale=en_US

We love you all, and we are thankful for you.
Love,
Sarah

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. This is a verse that Emma is learning, and it’s been a good reminder for me to. I want my actions, words, and life to be a reflection that points people to Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment