Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, November 28, 2019

T-H-A-N-K-S-G-I-V-I-N-G

 





 





 




A day of Thanksgiving is here again! Although this should be the attitude of our hearts year round, I’m thankful for a special day set aside for the giving of thanks with friends and family. We woke up to gently falling snow this morning, which delighted the hearts of our children. It sure is beautiful though, and I do love the reminder that Jesus’s blood has washed me white as snow. (Isaiah 1:18)

I’ve done this THANKSGIVING acronym in years past, but every year it turns out differently as I pass through different seasons of life. Maybe you could take some time to come up with your own acronym of this word, as I’m sure that yours would be different than mine.

T- Time: We are all given the same number of hours in a day regardless of where you live on this planet.   Each day is a new gift filled with time. I’m thankful for the hours given in each day to create memories, glorify God, and serve others. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t always use my gift of time wisely, but I’m thankful that each day offers a fresh start with new hours of time.

H- Home: Roger and I have had several homes over the course of our married life, and each one holds a special place in our hearts. Seven years ago at this time, we were headed for Alaska for a short time to help in a church there. The months spent there hold some of our dearest and fondest memories, as well as friends that we will never forget. I’m looking forward to returning some day. A few years ago,  we lived in Arizona for a summer. We were able to get involved in a local church there, and the Pastor and his wife, Debbie, are still dear friends with us today. In each home we’ve had, I’m thankful for the opportunities to open our home to others and to hopefully impact others with the good news of Jesus. We are happy in our home here in Maine, and we we rejoice for  however long God keeps us here.


A- America: We live in a wonderful country. And while I agree that we are quickly forgetting our heritage and the Judeo-Christian values we were founded upon, the United States of America is still the dearest country on earth to me. I’m blessed to be an American.

N- Necessities:  In our country, we consider indoor plumbing, electricity, food and clothes to be necessities. Yet, when I consider the struggles that the country of Haiti is facing at this moment, I realize how incredibly blessed I am to have these necessities!

K- Kevin: This is Roger’s boss. I am so thankful for Roger’s job as well as his boss. This man gave Roger a chance at a job that Roger greatly enjoys. We are blessed to have Kevin and his wife, Terri, as our dear friends also.

S: Salvation, Spouse & Siblings: There is only one “s” in Thanksgiving, but I want to use it for three things. I am so very thankful for salvation. What a gift! God sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross for my sins. Jesus rose from the dead, and I have absolute confidence that I will live in Heaven someday. (I’d love to talk with you about this gift!)  Spouse...Roger. God knew that there was only one man who would be able to put up with my craziness, and God gave me Roger. I’m thankful for a man who works hard, loves Jesus, prays for his family, and loves his wife and children. Siblings: I am blessed with two living sisters, Jen and Hannah. I love them both so much, and I am thankful that they are my sisters. I look forward to the day when I meet my other two sisters in Heaven. What a day that will be!

G- God’s Grace: I hope I will always be overwhelmed with this gift of God’s grace. He offers me  grace on a daily, moment by moment basis. I am so thankful for this grace that was extended to me, but also for others that show grace to me. My children still love me even though I fail them daily to  point them to Jesus. Yet our children still show me grace and give forgiveness when I mess up. What a blessing!

I - Investments: I’m not talking about monetary investments, although that’s something to be thankful for also. I’m talking about those that have invested in my life. Those that mentored me and discipled me; those that invested time in my life; those that invest in our children’s education; so many have invested in my life, and I am thankful for each one.

V- Vocation: God provided a job for me this year that was a perfect fit for our family. For years, Roger and I have prayed that I would be able to have a job that could help with the school bills, but yet allow me to have the same hours as our children. This year I am the teachers assistant in preschool, and I am very much enjoying this experience. I am blessed to be able to work at the same place that our children go to school at, and I am thankful!

I- Instruction: Christian education instruction (I.e. school) Our small Christian School is very dear to our hearts, and we are very thankful for each teacher in that school. Christian education is important to us, and God provided this school for our children. We are so thankful!

N-  New Friends:  I’m thankful for new friends that God brought into our lives this year. Being the preschool teachers aide has provided me with the opportunity to meet other moms that have children in the preschool. I am thankful for these new friends, and praying that God will use me to encourage them.

G- Gifts Yes, I like gifts too! I also like to give gifts, and I take special delight in finding a gift for someone that I know they will really like. Aren’t we blessed that God gives us daily gifts?! Gifts of His presence, His love, His sovereignty, and each attribute of God is truly something to be thankful for in my life!

That’s my thanksgiving list for this year! Have a wonderful day! Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment