Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, November 9, 2012

EL- SHADDAI...The Lord Who is Sufficient for the Needs of His People!

As we continue to prepare for our trip to Alaska, (leaving in 10 days) I am amazed at God's continued blessings upon our trip preparations! People have given gifts, both monetary and physical, that have helped immensely. I went to a ladies meeting last night (once a month we have a special get-together where the older women mentor the younger women), and I was blown away by the surprise going away shower they hosted for me and my family. I was blessed and overwhelmed by the kindnesses shown to me and feel extremely loved by my church family. I was gifted with skirts, socks, all kinds of craft things to do with the kids, assorted travel treats and goodies for the kids, lip gloss, a coat for my son as well as boots, along with several gifts of monetary value...absolutely amazing!

As my mind is constantly going, and the stack of items to take with us continues to build, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I see God at work. The blessings we have already been bestowed with as well as the love, support, and prayers that people have offered have been truly overwhelming! Roger and I truly desire to be a blessing as we continue on this missionary trip, and we want to be good stewards of the gifts that people have bestowed to us.

I am overwhelmed by the love and gifts that have been given to our family!
We are at 40% support of what we are estimating our family to need, and I have been challenged in this opportunity to allow my faith to grow and my dependence on my GREAT God to deepen. God is truly good, and I feel like I have already learned several important lessons. One being that I know that we will be a lot more willing to give to someone else's mission trip now that we am in a position of needing people's support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment