Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

JEHOVAH-JIREH...Jehovah will provide!

My mind is overwhelmed with many thoughts today. The  overcast sky reflects my thoughts in the disappointing results from yesterday's  presidential election. (And I'm sure that there are some who do not share my disappointment, but for me and my family it was and is a disappointment.) America has voiced her opinion and turned her back on God, but I'm thankful that God doesn't want me to place my confidence in man anyways. Truly I'm thankful today that "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1) I would have loved to see a different man take over the oval office for the sake of my children and future generations, but I rejoice in knowing that nothing catches God by surprise, and He is NOT worried about the future or wondering what's going to happen next!

On a different note entirely, the Robertson family is continuing to move forward with plans for Alaska. My mind is constantly spinning with questions, packing details, and I constantly feel like I can't focus on the task at hand without my mind wondering off to something else! I'm excited, overwhelmed, and thankful that "...when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." (Psalm 61:2) God has provided for us this far and will continue to do so.


As many of you know, we have been searching for a vehicle for our trip to Alaska, and I'm happy to report that God has done just that...provided for us! We looked at Envoy's, Trailblazers, Explorer's, and Suburbans, and discovered that our options became extremely limited as a family of six! A family of five...no problem...but since I couldn't decide which child to leave behind (Just kidding!), we needed something bigger. We searched Craigslist more times than I can count, and compared prices with Kelley Blue Book until we needed to buy a membership to Kelley Blue Book to compare anything else! (I'm kidding!)  However, last Saturday, my husband made a phone call to a man offering a suburban for sale. The price was in our budget, and it would fit our family. Upon looking the vehicle over, we made an offer and the man accepted it! WHOO HOO! We are know the owners of a 2000 suburban! It is fully loaded with more options than I ever dreamed...heated seats (yay!), remote start (I'll let you know how that works in Alaska!), bucket seats in the middle row, and leather interior. The kids have been asking to drive everywhere in it, but I don't think they realize that by the time we reach Alaska, they will have had their fill of sitting in the truck! I'm excited to see that the Lord provided the right vehicle for us and not very excited about filling it up with gas! We are planning on leaving in 13 days, on November 21st, so time is flying by. We appreciate your prayers as we continue to move forward in our plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment