Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Safely to Canada! Just inside the border.

All in a good day (or night’s) work”

Isaiah 40:29 “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

I picked this verse today, since we traveled through the night. The Lord gave Roger an extra amount of alertness and the ability to drive long hours in the quietness of the night. We praise the Lord for His safety and protection.


We left Rapid City, South Dakota, about 6:30pm. last night. We headed west through Wyoming and Montana, and at the time of this writing (5:30am). we are heading north to Canada and about an hour from the border. Please pray that we will be able to cross over with no complications or delays. Yesterday morning, it seemed like a great idea to drive through the night to try to make the trip a little easier for the kids. However, about 11pm. I was really thinking that maybe it was not such a good idea! I was tired, but God gave grace and strength to Roger to keep him alert and driving. Roger drove from 6:30pm. to about 3:15am. Then I drove for about an hour, and I was really starting to get tired! So I played the stewardess role again, making children comfortable, passing out drinks, finding missing socks, and searching for the elusive blankets that somehow disappear! We are hoping to make it to Roger’s sister’s home in Calgary, Alberta today in time to enjoy visiting, and being outside before getting a good night’s rest (I’m already looking forward to the rest part, and I didn’t even drive that much!).


Snow in Alberta, Canada
We said good-bye to my parents and sister, Jenn. For me, the mission trip became a lot more real at that moment. We were leaving behind people that I’m comfortable and familiar with and stepping out into the unknown, but I’m also excited to be continuing on with our journey. My parents help out with watching the boys, and taking them occasionally overnight, and I’m going to miss them. Next to my husband, Roger, the man I respect and admire most is my dad. He taught me to work hard, not to quit, to love God’s word, to love people, to pray daily, and to strive for Godliness. We may not always see eye to eye, but I know my dad loves me and prays daily for us. My sister, Jenn, took such good care of us while we were visiting, spending time with us, making meals, and going on walks with me.

On a note of praise, the truck is running MUCH better! On the way out to South Dakota, we were getting between 12-14 miles per gallon, but now we are getting between 15-17 miles per gallon! Thanks for your prayers; the truck seems to be much improved.


UPDATE: We passed through border patrol in under ten minutes! YAY! And we arrived at Roger's sister's house at about 12:30. We are pretty tired, but happy to have arrived and looking forward to spending time with family.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely and that the truck is running better. Praying that Chandler and Travis are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete