Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Days two and three



Rest, Relaxation and Thanksgiving Day!
Days 2 and 3
November 21 & 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!
We’ve been enjoying two days of visiting with my sister, Jenn, in Rapid City, South Dakota. It’s been a time to rest after the flurry of activity to get ready for our trip to Alaska. Yesterday was a beautiful day, so we enjoyed time outside with the boys, and I enjoyed a walk with my sister. Today is a day to reflect on all that we have to be thankful for and to rejoice in the blessings of our Heavenly Father. 

While I have much to be thankful for, I wanted to mention just a few that are on my heart right now.
       * I’m thankful for my salvation. I have the blessed assurance of knowing that I have a home in Heaven for all eternity.
        * I’m thankful for my family, and that many of us can gather together at Thanksgiving.
        * I’m especially thankful for my husband, who is stepping out on faith to take this trip to Alaska
        * I’m also thankful that the truck is fixed again (and praying that this will be the last of the repairs we have to make!).
       * I’m thankful that Travis is feeling better and seems to be much on the mend today.
I have much, much more to be thankful for but that is just a few, I hope that each of you take some time this Thanksgiving Day to write down what you’re thankful for and spend some time with your loved ones. 

I do have a few specific prayer requests. While we have enjoyed time resting and relaxing, Satan has been hard at work to discourage us. First, we had some troubles with the truck running smoothly on the way out here. We were able to get it looked at yesterday, and $xxx.xx later, it appears to be running efficiently. Secondly, Chandler has an infected tooth that is really bothering him. Pray that we will be able to find a dentist tomorrow that will be able to take care of the problem. Thirdly, Travis was running a fever and vomiting yesterday. He appears to be much improved, which is a huge praise, but please pray that no one else will get sick. 

View from my sister's apartment in Rapid City, SD
We are planning on leaving Rapid City, South Dakota, tomorrow around 7pm. We will be traveling through the night to arrive in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, sometime on Saturday. We would appreciate your continued prayers for safety and protection. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment