Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, March 13, 2015

Grace

If I was honest, I'd admit that I'm a tad weary and tired. But it's par for the course these days as we push towards the finish line. I'm happy to report that Roger passed his written commercial test on Tuesday, and has started on the flying part of the rating! Yay! 

Meanwhile, I've not been eating bonbons and watching soap operas! :) I've been working on painting various things around the house, packing, washing muddy children, cleaning, and washing muddy children. Did I mention that I've been washing muddy children?! Actually, the weather has been beautiful, and the kids have been playing outside for several hours every day. Focusing on schoolwork gets a little harder with the weather being nice, but it's also a good incentive to finish the schoolwork! 

This week, on Thursday, we had a realtor walk through the house. I cleaned, scrubbed, and spiffed everything up. Guess what? The realtor was here for all of about twelve minutes! However, the house did look very neat-especially for five children living here! They will be getting back to me next week sometime to discuss what projects we need to work on the most. It's been very challenging to paint and clean with lots of "help". Thankfully, my dad had the boys "help" him two afternoons this week to tear out some carpeting and replace some flooring at the church building. Emma is a tornado, and she is quick! I try to do the painting while she's napping, but I can't paint her bedroom door while she's sleeping. Wyatt was on "watch dog" duty or Emma patrol, but she managed to get past him and planted her handprint on the wet, freshly painted door! 

I know that God has given me extra grace this week, and I've still been struggling with being patient with the boys. The Lord has helped me in several instances to just keep my mouth shut! (Something I should practice more often, I think!) 

One of the funny moments this week came from Garett. We were having fried chicken at my parents house, and there was a particularly large piece of chicken. Garett pulled it out of the box and said, "Wow! This must be the waste of the chicken!" I was completely and udderly confused until I realized that he meant "waist" of the chicken! It was a fun moment! 

We had a family from church over on Thursday for supper. Thursday was the day the realtor came, so it was a good day to have company over since I didn't have to do extra cleaning! :) It's a real treasure to have some very good friends in our church; and should God move us away, there will be some goodbyes that will be hard. However, I've quit telling God where I want to be, and I have been praying specifically that God will work in my heart to prepare me for wherever He wants us to go. 

Today I had a friend come over for lunch and to visit. We had an enjoyable afternoon, and it was fairly quiet with just Emma at home! The boys went up to Wausau with my dad to collect the sap from the maple trees. They've been asking about going along to help collect the sap, and I'm glad that they have the opportunity to go. I remember doing it as a child, and I have many fond memories of tromping around out in the woods lifting the buckets off the hooks. I know that they'll come back tired and eager to tell me all about it. I love these memories! 

Tonight Emma and I took a trip to a nursing home to visit someone from our church. Since it was just Emma and myself, it was much easier to get ready to go. :) Sometimes it challenging to find time to visit people or write a note, but then I think about when I get older. I surely hope that people find time to visit me! I always go to visit people asking God to help me be a blessing, but God always blesses me too. It's the delight that I was able to make someone smile, or that God used me to reach out to someone else, and my heart is blessed by these things. I'm working on training and instilling in my children these same values. Chandler still groans when we go to visit people in nursing homes, but hopefully we will see improvement some day! :) 

It's been a week of burden sharing too. Galatians 6:2 states, "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ." One of my dear friends shared some deep prayer requests with me early in the week, and God showed Himself strong today...I love that! Another friend is facing a different trial, and as overwhelming as it is at times, I'm so blessed to be able to share in bearing these burdens. One of my prayer request for this year was to keep a prayer journal. It's been amazing to see God at work. He's real and personal, and I'm so thankful that He's my Saviour. 

Roger has been busy in Florida. He has a long day of flying tomorrow, but he's really close to wrapping up this commercial rating. Please be praying that God will provide the perfect job for Roger and for God to continue to direct our family. 

                        
     



No comments:

Post a Comment