Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Praises!



I realized after I updated the blog last night, that I might have come across a little on the whiny side. The truth is that I have much to be thankful for and that post did not accurately express the blessings that I was given this week. 

On Monday, my friend, Autumn, and her mom came out to help paint the trim. Having friends to laugh and visit with made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable and much faster. Autumn brought along her two children, Summer and Logan. Logan is about the same age as Emma, and amazingly neither of them became painted! Autumn had brought along supper, which was a huge blessing to me. I'm very thankful for their help.

On Tuesday, the children and I went along to the nursing home with my dad. The kids sang for the grandpas and grandmas and passed out some Easter cards that they had made in school. I also had a friend from church, Star, who made a meal for us. Since I already had to come into Omro to do a little grocery shopping, she offered to watch some of my kids while I shopped. The meal was delicious, and I didn't have to cook for TWO nights in a row! 

Wednesday  was an interesting day for me. Wyatt started off the morning with throwing up in his bed! It was also the morning that we woke up to several inches of snow on the ground. My dad came to pick up the older boys and take Travis to 4k. I kept Wyatt and Emma home with me, although Wyatt seemed to be fine once he threw up! My mom schooled the older boys so that they could keep moving forward while I tried to work on projects at home. I needed to go to Menards later in the afternoon to pick up some more supplies, and Gretchen offered to keep some of the kids. Chandler wanted to go with me, but the other four were very excited about playing at the Schilders house! Chandler and I went to Menards first, and then we picked out material for our dinning room chairs at Hobby Lobby. We also tackled the list for Target and the grocery store...with coupons. :) I had a really good time spending time with my second son, and it was a huge blessing to me that Gretchen watched the other children. Gretchen and Sean came over that night to help paint and put up trim. All the projects are coming together, but it's just been too cold to paint outside! We are so blessed to have so many that have come along side of us to help us try to get this house on the market. 

Thursday: I was a speech judge for the ACE Student Convention this afternoon. (This is a competition for high schoolers from Christian Schools around the state.) We started school a little early this morning so that I could get to the convention on time. Gretchen watched my children again this afternoon, gave two of them naps, fed them lunch, and then fed us supper after I came back! (She's awesome like that!!) :) It was a good afternoon for me, although it was very full. It was good to get away from the house and all its projects for a little bit! 

Friday: what can I say? Roger came home today! That was my biggest blessing! :) 

So, you see, I can do more than just whine and complain! I do hope our blog doesn't come across that way! We've had so many wonderful friends that have prayed for us, encouraged us, and helped us. I don't want to forget all that I have to be thankful for...thank you!

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment