Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, March 9, 2015

Steps Along the Way!

      

                   This is Interstate 65 south on Thursday morning! 


Roger left for Florida on Wednesday night around 7pm. He was wanting to get at least some of the miles out of the way, and the weather forecast was predicting several inches of snow farther south. It was harder to see him leave this time even though it will be for a shorter amount of time. We've re-adjusted to having him around, and it's going to be challenging with trying to pack up, school the children, clean, and do all the other household things that need doing. I've decided that trying to pack boxes with small children is a little like brushing the sand off your feet while you're still at the beach! 😀 They have discovered all the long lost items that they've misplaced, and they are delighted with the thought of painting...oh dear! 😁

Roger had a long, slow drive, but he made it safely to his brothers home on Thursday. He was able to spend some time with his family there before leaving for Florida on Saturday morning. He was planning on staying with someone, but they had an unexpected family visit, so Roger is homeless. Thankfully, it's him and not me, and he brought his tent along. He stayed in a hotel on Saturday night, and then told me that he doesn't like staying in hotels with out me. I first asked him "how much was the hotel room?". When he replied that it was $54.00, I smiled and said, "that's probably why...a $54.00 hotel room usually looks like a $54.00 hotel room, and smells like it to, and you usually have to climb on the toliet to shut the bathroom door, etc." I'm thankful that we always stay in a little bit nicer of hotels when myself and the kids are along. Now, you can find a very nice hotel room for $54.00, but that's usually by doing an Internet search and not by driving along the highway. 😊 He was supposed to take his written test today, Monday, but do to computer glitches and technical difficulties, it is rescheduled for tomorrow. I'm praying that he passes with flying colors and on to real flying! 

We've had our first we warmer days here, and it has been a delight to us all. All the kids, except Emma, spent over four hours outside today! Needless to say, there were no complaints for an early bedtime! :) I was working in the yard for a bit today, and Emma came outside with me. The problem is that she had such a good time that now whenever the door opens, she wants to go outside! 😃

My parents took the boys this afternoon, so that I could get some painting done at the house. Emma only took a short nap, so my painting experience was "interesting". She was up for all of three minutes before she managed to paint both of her hands! All in all though, I did get two rooms touched up, a ceiling painted, two doors primed, and a curtain hung up. I also called to get the boys physicals set up, my physical set up, and dentist appointments for two kids. I also spoke with the realtor, and she will be setting up a date for our first walk thru of our house soon. I think it was a fairly productive afternoon! Wyatt asked me what I did all day when he came home.😊

I've been very weary the last few days, and I've been trying to be patient with the kids. However, God saw fit to bless me this past weekend with two things that were very special. First, my friend, Renee, made us a meal. This was a huge blessing, and an encouragement to my heart. We eat a lot of very simple meals when Roger is not around, and especially with as busy as I've been lately. I am very appreciative of her thoughtfulness. Secondly, my friend, Gretchen, invited the kids to her house for supper on Sunday afternoon. After church I had taken the kids home, given them a quick snack, and laid them all down for rest time. Although the weather was very nice, I knew that the kids probably wouldn't be able to play outside since I needed to go to the hardware store before church. However, Gretchen sent me a text asking how she could help, and the kids were able to play outside at her house for a few hours. I was able to do my errands a lot quicker, and the kids were able to be outside...yay!! Even when I whine and complain (at least inwardly) God still loves me, and provides for me at the moments I need it most. 

So, I really should just prepare myself for something to break down when Roger is gone. This time it's the treadmill. I've used it a lot in recent months, and I think it's given up the ghost. I guess the positive side would be that now I don't need to move it anywhere. Secondly, I'm not tempted to go for a quick run when I have 500 projects waiting to be done! 😜 At least it's not something that really important, although it is to me. I'm one of those weird people that need excercise everyday in order to function at my best...guess I'll have to resort to more painting, cleaning, and packing! 😉 

The kids are handling Roger being gone with mixed emotions. Travis asks me at least once a day of daddy has a job now, Chandler is very emotional, Garett tends to just wander off and be by himself, and Wyatt anxiously asking when dad will be home. God's grace hasn't failed us, nor is it going too; I just have to remind myself to take the "teachable" moments and hug and kiss these boys a little more often. Prayers are appreciated as we continue on our journey.


    
                                           The puzzle that the boys put together

No comments:

Post a Comment