Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

YES!

Roger passed his commercial test on Monday! We are so excited about this as it means that the light should start shining brightly at the end of the tunnel! Roger has had several interviews, but nothing is confirmed as of right now. To be honest, I'm tired of waiting, but neither do I want Roger to rush head long into the wrong job for him and our family. 

Life here continues to progress...slowly! We are working hard at getting the school books to look skinner every week, and I've been trying to work on projects at home. I've been wanting to paint the deck, but the weather has not cooperated this week! Instead, I've been tackling other projects with the help of many friends. We are blessed to have so many that have helped either by working, bringing a meal, sending an encouraging note, or praying for us. We can never repay all the debt we owe, but from the bottom of our hearts, we say "thank you". 

Update on Friday, March 27
Roger came home today!!! This is very exciting news for our family, but the downside would be that he doesn't have a job yet. He's pursued jobs in Florida, Ohio, Maryland, and a few other states. Currently the greatest contenders for potential employment appear to be in Arizona or New Jersey. Neither of these would be good paying jobs, but they would help Roger build the hours he needs to get a better job. We need a lot of wisdom right now as we work thru the pros and cons and figure out what God has for us. We definitely want to do God's will, and we need to be discerning to find out what is best for our family and our future. I'm thrilled that Roger passed his commercial test in far less time than they predicted. However, I think I was envisioning him passing the test, waltzing into a job, and a paycheck looming on the horizon. Currently, it appears that God would have us wait a little bit longer. I've been praying about what I can do to help us earn a little income, but it's challenging with homeschooling, running a household, etc. I know that Roger is feeling the pressure of it all building up as well, so will you pray with us that God will provide a job soon? 

Roger came home early is afternoon, and by three o'clock we were busy working on projects around the house. It's so much easier when there are two of us to work around here! :) We sanded chairs, painted a wall, picked up the yard, and played baseball with the kids (actually, Roger did). 

A few fun moments from the week:
On Wednesday I wasn't feeling that great, so I told the boys I was going to take a nap for a bit. I had made a small pan of brownies, and I told the boys that they could have some. However, when I woke up from my rest, the entire pan was GONE! I asked Garett what happened! He replied, "oh, we divided them up equally. We shared nicely!" I see that...wow! Oh well, I guess I should've specified how many brownies they could have to eat! 

Earlier in the week, it was a little bit cold in the mornings. I would go out and start up the truck, so it could warm up for a bit. I told Chandler to take Emma out to the truck, and I would grab the diaper bag. As I came out of the house, Emma and Chandler were standing right near the exhaust pipe! I quickly exclaimed to get away from there! Chandler looked puzzled and then explained that he was helping Emma stay warm!! Oh dear...we had a discussion on why that wasn't a good idea!!

Thank you all for your prayers. 

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment