Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, September 18, 2017

Just Doing "Life"!

Good Evening! Another week is about to begin, and we are entering week four of school! The days flew by during the summer break, but the days seem to be only picking up speed as we continue into the school year. The boys are adjusting to the routine of school days, a 7:30pm. bedtime, practicing piano lessons, and using their time at home wisely. Roger is still having some long days at work, but the days are slowly starting to be shorter.



We spent the last week doing school,  having music class, painting the school library, helping with hot lunch, playing for chapel, attending a birthday party, having supper with Roger at the airport, hosting a family for a dinner meal, and all the other things of life. It was a good week.

Monday was the first day of music classes, and it was a whole morning of teaching! I have five different music classes back to back on Monday mornings. There is no time in the schedule for a bathroom break, but it's intentionally done that way so that I can be done when Emma is done with preschool at eleven thirty. We had a good first week, but it was a reminder that time is fleeting quickly as the date for the Christmas program is right around the corner! I'm excited about working with this group of children, and I'm looking forward to a great year.

After music classes, I helped with lunch duty. Emma enjoys the days that I help out with lunch because she gets to have lunch with the boys and play outside some more. I'm also discovering that it makes more sense to not go home on Monday afternoons. By the time we are done with lunch, and have cleaned up the music room, there's enough time to go visit Roger at the airport and bring him some lunch. It makes for a bit of a long day, but it also saves on gas. It just means that I have a good reason to just drop of the kids on Tuesday morning and come home to give our house some attention!


On Tuesday Roger had the day off of work. We dropped the kids off at school and then ran a few errands. We spent most of the day at home, taking care of trash, cleaning and working on various projects, and I even got in short run. The boys enjoy having Roger pick them up from school, and it's nice to sit down all together at the dinner table as a complete family.

Wednesday was my shopping day for hot lunch at school on Friday. But first Allison and I went on a walk, visited and laughed the whole mile and one-half walk. It was great! Then I ran to get the groceries we would need for hot lunch, picked up Emma, stayed for lunch with the boys, and came home. By the time I arrived home, my eyes were so red from wearing my contacts. I want to wear my contact lenses as I enjoy wearing them, but not when they hurt my eyes. Maybe my age is catching up with me, and there will be no more contact lenses in my future. I don't know. I just know that my eyes were happy when I took them out! Roger was working in Wednesday, and he didn't get home until just after the boys were in bed. It was a long day for everyone.

Thursday was painting day at the school library. It was a project that had been started over the summer, and it needed to be finished. Roger had made plans several weeks ago to go with a pilot friend up to northern Maine. This pilot lives up there and has been asking Roger to come all summer. That meant that I had Emma...and a painting project! We had asked for other parents and friends to help also, but everyone is busy. When I first started painting, it was just Emma and I. Thankfully, Emma grew tired of painting really quickly and went in the music room to play with the bells and eat her snacks. Another couple came to help, and they brought their daughter, Ella. Ella is two, and she and Emma are good friends! I am so thankful that they played together so nicely while we painted. The three of us were able to finish the project before lunchtime, and I'm thankful it's behind us. Painting is not my favorite thing to do, but it's done! Emma and I were happy to go home! On the way home though, I started thinking about hot lunch the next day.  We were having baked mac n cheese, fruit, and dessert. Another mom had already made three big pans of mac n cheese, but I was worried that we wouldn't have quite enough. So I whipped up another pan of that just to be sure we'd have enough food. (I'm glad I did as we used half the pan the next day!)

Friday was a very full day...too full, but it was necessary. I played the piano for the chapel service,  got things set up for hot lunch, and then ran to do a few errands before hot lunch. I came back to help with hot lunch and clean up. We had a good group of ladies working on Friday because by 12:30 pm., the kitchen was clean, the tables were wiped down, and we were done! Emma and I went out the the airport to visit with Roger, and I also spent part of the afternoon in the music room working on some things for next week. After school, Chandler and Travis had their piano lessons. I took the other kids outside while they had lessons. Following piano lessons, we picked up pizza and brought supper out to Roger at the airport. It was good for us to enjoy some time together at the airport. We left the airport to head to a birthday party for one of the kid's classmates. The kids had a great time at the party playing with their friends, enjoying cake, and being outside. Roger and I had a good time fellowshipping with the adults. We were the first family to leave the party (as usual) and sometimes that makes me a little sad as the party is still going strong when we are leaving. But over the years, Roger and I have also learned to pay attention to each other's needs and our children's needs (I'm not always good at it, but I'm learning!) I recognized that our kids had had a long day, and that neither they nor Roger had been home all day. Although it was an early evening as in around 8:30 pm, it was time to go. I'm thankful we were invited, and it was a good time for our family.

Saturday was a rare day off for Roger,  not rare as in he had a day off, but rare as in he had off on a Saturday. We spent the day cleaning up the yard, fixing something on Rogers car, grocery shopping, and get ready to have company for dinner. It was a full day, but a good day. We had a family from school over for supper, and we enjoyed getting to know them better. I'm thankful for friendships that are growing both for Roger and I and our children. They brought us some lobsters that were already cooked and a recipe to make with the lobsters. I was thankful for the recipe as we haven't come across a way to eat lobster that we absolutely love. However, if it's given to us, we  are going to eat it!

Sunday...praise the Lord! We can worship together with other believers! Today was an enjoyable event for me as I sang special music with the pastor's daughter. Singing is something else I enjoy, and I haven't sung special music in a long time. After church we had the pastor's son over for the afternoon. The boys thought it was hot so they convinced us to take them to the lake. The water was way too cold in my opinion, but the five boys got in and even Emma got wet. We enjoyed soaking up the sunshine and spending time with our children. After Sunday night church, the pastor and his family took us to McDonalds for ice cream. That was a fun and special treat! We had a good time of visiting  together and getting to know them better. On the way home, Garett remarked about how tonight reminded him of the time in Arizona. That was an event where the pastor and his wife invited us out for ice cream after church, and Garett remembered it. I'm glad Garett remembers such events as they are a reminder of good events that are associated with church and fellowshipping with other believers.
A cruise ship that came into our town...it was a big ship! 


Monday marked the start of another school week. We are working with the kids on so many school things like spelling lists, Bible memory verses, and other papers. Please pray that God will make  education a bit clearer for our children that are struggling. I taught music class today, and while the classes went really well, it is tiring! We are working on handbells (that sometimes produces a headache), various drama parts, and singing. It's a lot to cover in a short amount of time! I am enjoying the opportunity though I do appreciate your prayers as I continue on in this endeavor.

I must go as lunches need to be packed, laundry put away, devotions done, and children to get in bed! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment