Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, September 25, 2017

Roger's Job

We did have a busy week, and perhaps I will have time to write more about that later. However, I wanted to take just a few moments to write about Roger's job. Roger is gifted at flying, and although I will admit to being biased about it, I hear enough comments from other pilots to know that he really is good at piloting the plane. Roger has been with the company for over a year now, and we've seen some ups and downs as the company navigates the tricky waters of being a small business, but also a needed and necessary business as they service the islands.

I wrote back in June about a plane crash that had occurred. Thankfully no one was injured, as that could've dealt a devastating blow to the company. However, it was still a struggle throughout the summer as the company was a plane short. The good news is that the plane involved in the crash will be able to be repaired, and it will eventually be back in service.

Roger is a hard worker, and he was asked to take on the job of assistant chief director earlier this summer. While the job has its challenges and difficulties, as does every job, Roger has jumped into the role and tried to do his best to encourage and assist the company.
 


So, why is Penobscot Island Air a needed company for this area? Not only does the company fly  passengers back and forth to several islands off the coast of Maine, they also provide mail delivery, FedEx delivery, and UPS services to the islands. Last summer Penobscot flew 300,000 pounds of mail; 10,200 people; 66,000 pieces of UPS; and over 10,000  pieces of FedEx! That's a lot of work for a company run by a handful of people!

Roger's boss (Kevin) has been a great employer to work for and Roger has a good friendship with his boss. I'm thankful that God provided Roger with an employer who is honest, fair, and of good character. The boys have been able to spend time with Roger at his job as Kevin recognizes that this is important. Kevin's wife, Terri, has become a good friend to our family also. It's a special job that allows us to enjoy having the boss and his wife over for dinner in our home, inviting them to the boys school events, and making memories with Kevin and Terri. We are truly so very blessed. We would also appreciate your prayers on behalf of this company that they will be able to grow and that the next year would be a bit easier for Kevin.
 



I don't think I actually had any preconceived ideas about Roger's job when we moved out here, but God abundantly blessed us in providing this job. I remember our first trip out here directly after we left Arizona. We had dropped off children at my parents in Wisconsin, and then Roger and I drove out here to see the job. God directly orchestrated all the events to come together smoothly and for Roger to make a good impression on Kevin. We knew when we left Maine in November of 2015 after our brief visit here, that moving to Maine was probably what God was directing us towards. And now Roger has been with the company for about a year and one-half! God has been faithful and patient with us every step of the way.

I sometimes wonder if our adventures are over for a while. We've spent several years across the country as we've followed the path that God has laid out for us. We traveled to Alaska to fill in for a missionary, I stayed home in Wisconsin while Roger pursued his aviation training in Florida, we moved to Arizona for a short time so that Roger could build the hours he needed, and now we are in Maine! Don't get me wrong...I'm happy to be here and stay put for a while! I just wonder sometimes what else God might want us to do in the future. For now though I am plenty busy with being involved at the school, serving in our local church, being a wife and mama, and learning to rest in the Lord. Our children are at the top of my list in my priorities. I tell them often and frequently that I want them to love Jesus. Everything else in their lives will fall into its proper place if they have a right view of God. Yet...oh, how often I stumble at giving them a good example of loving Jesus. Giving grace, yet providing correction and chastening. Offering words of praise is my desire...yet sometimes I must seem like a barking seal as I instruct them impatiently and inconsistently. I'm thankful that while  God has given me the challenging task of raising them for His glory, His mercies are new every morning. I pray fervently for our children as I fear that if they have me for an example of who God is their view may be very warped indeed! Yet God constantly gives me new opportunities to minister to their souls, to love them, to direct them, to challenge them...and oh how I love them! Please, please put my children on our prayer list as I endeavor to raise them for His honor and glory.

I've rambled on a rabbit trail for a bit, and I want to close up on this post. I'm posting a few pictures from Roger's albums that he's collected this summer. Chandler had the opportunity to spend the afternoon with Roger on one of the islands on Saturday, so those photos are from their afternoon together.

Our love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment