Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, September 29, 2017

Soccer? Swimming? School? Oh my!!

Garett announced to me today that this week went by really quickly! I can only nod my head in complete agreement!

We started off our week with soccer practice for Garett and Chandler. The Christian school that they are attending has started a soccer team. We are a little behind the eight ball in getting this off the ground and started. However, I'm not coaching it and it's free for the kids to play! Therefore, I am not complaining! Roger had off on Monday also, so he came along to watch the practice. Wyatt, Travis and Emma enjoyed just running around outside as it was a beautiful day. It was actually hot where we live, but the boys soccer field is right on the ocean bay, so it had a nice breeze. I spent the hour while the boys were practicing walking around the soccer field. The pastor's wife from our church was there also, and she walked with me. I enjoy exercise by myself, but it's certainly more fun with a friend! We spent the hour talking of many things, ideas and dreams. I was thankful for the opportunity to interact with her, and sometimes I think it's easier to talk about different subjects when I'm moving and thinking! The boys thoroughly enjoyed the soccer practice and they were looking forward to the practice on Wednesday as soon as they were done!

I also taught music class on Monday. Monday was a full day for me! I'm enjoying teaching the kids and working on the Christmas program, but this is definitely not the easiest job ever! I find myself constantly thinking about the Christmas program, working on ideas in my mind, and trying to figure out how we can most effectively accomplish what we need to do! But, I like a challenge. So I will continue to figure it out and tweak it as I go!


On Tuesday we spent some time with some friends from Arizona. Well, they aren't actually from Arizona anymore, but that's where we first met them two years ago. One of the pilots and his girlfriend came up to Maine to visit the fall colors, and it worked out for us to visit with them for the afternoon. The fall foliage is actually still coming, but we enjoyed the visit with them. We had supper with them, Roger took them on a flight, and we visited with them until much too late on Tuesday evening!

It's been very warm here the last few days, and I am not feeling  like making pumpkin dishes, going apple picking or sipping on hot cider! I know the weather will change soon enough, but the boys actually went swimming in the creek on Wednesday. Wednesday was an early release day for the kids from school, and they had soccer practice immediately following. I spent the time at the playground with the younger children, and I did manage to get in a walk with one of my friends. Soccer practice has helped me get in some extra exercise as of late! After practice the boys invited one of their school friends over for the afternoon. Josiah has become a good friend, and the boys enjoyed the afternoon playing on the dirt bike, swimming in the creek, and laughing together. Also everyone was very ready for bedtime that evening!
 

Today was another busy day for Emma and I. We dropped off the boys at school, and then went out to drop some lunch off for Roger. I had planned to go immediately home after dropping off Roger's  lunch, but he had a few open seats in the plane to go out to one of the islands. Emma was not crazy about going for a plane ride, but since we didn't ask her opinion, she adjusted! The weather was beautiful, the trees hold a tint of color, and it was good to spend time with Roger. We enjoyed the flight out to the island, dropped off the mail at the post office out there, took a quick walk, and headed back. On the return trip we had an extra passenger and a dog. Emma was definitely not crazy about sharing the plane with a dog, but the dog was well behaved. Emma warmed up to the dog by the time we landed, and she even told Roger that "it was good a time". So after that adventure, Emma and I went home. I try to spend Thursdays at home, and it was good to catch up on laundry, cleaning, and getting ready for hot lunch on Friday. I find Friday to be a lot more enjoyable when I have hot lunch all ready to go on Thursday and it just has to be reheated on Friday morning. We made pancakes for tomorrow, and guess what we had for supper? Pancakes! I'm thankful that the boys certainly don't mind having the same meal so close together, but food is food!

We will be getting the mid term report cards soon, and it'll be next nice to have a clearer idea of how the boys are progressing. I am thankful for the hard work that they put into school, and I pray that they will see some clear evidence of that on their progress reports. We also had a special unexpected blessing this week as someone anonymously contributed to our school bill! This is always such and encouragement and blessing to us, and I am so very thankful to so many others that help us with our decision to put the children in the Christian school.

We appreciate you all. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment