Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Church activities

You know...I'm coming to the place where I'm actually starting to enjoy journaling our daily lives. Sometimes I'm disappointed because there are many, many things I'd like to write about, but my time seems to run away from me! However, I know that I'm not going to regret these days of recording memories and life experiences. 

Today the boys were talking about getting married, which always gives me a chuckle. Chandler has decided that he is not going to get married because he doesn't like all that mushy, sloppy, "stuff". I think he's referring to kissing. Garett, however, has decided that he will get married. His reasoning? He hates shopping, and he says that his wife can do all that stuff. (Good thing they both have several years to mature and grow!)

I slept terrible last night, which always makes for a long day. Emma was also up several times last night, so I had a hard time getting up this morning! We were a few minutes late for school, but that's not terrible considering that no one was out of bed at 7:15 and we have to be leaving by 7:40! The boys had math and phonics tests today, so that did speed up the school time today. By 11:30, we were all home. Emma was already sleeping, so I decided that we would all lay down for rest time. I put the two little boys in our bed, and I gave the bigger boys books to read. I also told them they could play on the Kindle, but they were not to get out of bed or ask me for anything! (I have never let the boys have the Kindle at rest time, but I was in desparate need of a nap!)

The house was quiet for almost two hours! :) We had lunch, picked up a little bit, and then went to a friends house. One of our friends had some children's clothes for me to look through for Emma.  When we left their home, Chandler managed to forget his shoes! (How do you even do that?!) And I didn't even notice! We had a few things to get at the grocery store...milk again! Chandler didn't tell me he left his shoes at our friends house, instead he found a pair he had left in the car from a previous day! 

I had briefly thought about going to the YMCA, but my better side of common sense told me to come home and keep working on things for the ladies meeting. The boys played outside, while I tried to get some things together. However, I feel like as fast as I gather my thoughts, they are flying out the other side of my brain. It's time to make a list, oh wait, I lost the list! 

Since our lawn mower is back, I feel like I should mow the grass so that it's one less thing my dad has to do for us. But when I went to start it, I realized that I have never, ever, driven our lawn mower. Oh well, how hard can it be? Yeah, I could read the instructions, but it's easier to just call Roger! :) We managed to get part of the yard mowed. It will probably take me about eight days to mow it, and then   I'll need to start all over again! :) 

One of the dear families from my dad's church, the Mayo family, brought us a meal tonight. It was delicious, and I ate way too many home made cookies! The boys had a great time playing nerf gun wars with the children...and I found a nerf gun with bullets hiding in my bed tonight! :) 

Rogef wasn't able to fly today due to weather conditions. That makes for a long, boring day for him, so please pray that he can get this flying done...soon!

Friday and Saturday...
Saying that "I'm exhausted" doesn't even come close to expressing how I really feel tonight! My heart is full with all that God did at our ladies meeting. 

Friday was a crazy day with satan trying to discourage me at every turn. I started off my day late, so I didn't get in my daily Bible reading. I proceeded to burn breakfast, ruin my coffee, drop a cup on my foot, and lose the car keys...all before 7:30 in the morning! Since I couldn't find the car keys, I had to switch around the car seats; and I proceeded to make us all late for school! I was flustered and a little irritated. I know that God is sovereign, and I wanted Him to make my day go smoothly! However, I believe that God was testing how I would respond to the situation. School was a little rough, and I kept thinking of all the things I still needed to get done before the ladies meeting at seven pm. We managed to finish school, and we headed home. When I get tired or stressed, I tend to see all the things that I need to get done...like cleaning the garage, sweeping the floor, or looking for car keys. But none of those things are the things I need to be doing to get myself ready for the evening session. I ended up calling Roger to talk my way through the things I needed to get done. Thankfully, he provided a listening ear and some direction for my scattered thoughts. He reminded me that I should be thankful that we have a different vehicle I can drive, and that losing the key to the car is not the end of the world. The garage cleaning can get done another day, and the grass won't mind not getting cut today! I'm thankful that Roger's logic could help me eliminate the unnecessary things that were crowding my thoughts. 

I dropped the kids off at my parents around two, and headed to church to help decorate for the girls session. I was helping with the 8 to 12 year old girls, which is always interesting and fun. :) We decorated, organized, and talked through the Friday night session and the days activities for Saturday. I  have worked with an amazing lady, Amy Sousa, for the last several years, and we always have a great time! We make huge messes, play some crazy games, laugh a lot, and have great Christian ladies to speak to the girls. 

During the Friday night session, my friend, Autumn, gave her testimony. I absolutely love hearing how God can use our mistakes for His honor and glory. Autumn's life is a reflection of how much God loves us and desires a close relationship with us. It was a great testimony for the girls to hear, and I'm sure that God will be glorified through it all. 

By the time I left for home on Friday night, my parents had already brought my kids home. My parents graciously put the boys to bed for me, but Emma refused to go to bed without seeing her mama! (Stinker!) I visited with my parents for a bit, and  I thanked them for their willingness to take the kids for the evening. By the time I went to bed, I was exhausted...but determined to get up early and get my devotions done in the morning! 

I was up about 5:30 this morning, and my feet hit the ground running. I did drink 1/2 of cup of coffee before I set it down and forgot it somewhere! I also got my Bible reading caught up, and finished up a game for the day. Thankfully, my mom came to get Emma, so I didn't have to make a separate trip to my parents house to drop her off. I managed to get all the boys in the truck, and we headed to the Hammonds home. Autumns husband, Phil, was taking the boys for the day! I'm also thankful that they offered to feed the boys breakfast, so it was one less thing on my to do list. 

I dropped the boys off, gave Phil our truck to drive for the day, and Autumn took me to church so I could finish trying to get my act together! :) The day started promptly at nine. We knew that 39 girls had already signed up, but when it was nine am, we had 59 girls downstairs! We quickly realized that we didn't have enough papers, chairs, and folders to go around, so it was an emergency trip to walmart! I also was in a singing group with some dear ladies from our church, so I went to sing. The Lord really helped us all sing together, and it was truly a blessing to sing about Gods Grace...He's been amazingly good to me! 

We had a fun day downstairs with the girls. The craft time was a disaster, but the girls seemed to have a good time! :) It was a huge mess! Gretchen Schillder made lunch for all the girls, and she also made home made carmel for apples, which the girls loved! :) Over all, it was an amazing, exhausting day with some great speakers that challenged the girls to grow in their relationship with God, lots of fun and laughter, and games. I'm hoping that each girl went home knowing that God loves her, and that we love them too.


                         

After the ladies meeting, I helped clean up, went to pick up my boys, and headed home. The boys had a fun day at the EAA air museum, and Garett even got to take a flight. :) They were tired! My mom brought Emma home, and the kids played outside, while I looked for car keys. Yeah, I still haven't found them!  I really missed Roger this afternoon. I really could have used a walk or a short run to decompress and think through the day  but that just didn't happen. But I did get to visit with my mom for a bit, and then the neighbor brought over her two little ones. She needed someone to watch them, while she baled hay. It was a way I could be a blessing to someone today, and the boys were delighted to have little ones to entertain. I was super tired, so we ate a highly nutritious meal of cold cereal for supper tonight. :) Oh well, it's probably not going to hurt them! Shortly after our visitors left, I had the boys get ready for bed. I could tell they were tired from all the whining that was going on while they were brushing teeth and getting ready for bed! 

Tomorrow is a new day. Its a day to worship The Lord and to fellowship with other believers. Roger flew last night, but storms have been throwing off his flying schedule. Please pray that he will be able to get in the hours he needs, before he comes home this weekend. Also, we'd like to see God provide the perfect job for our family, so we'd appreciate your prayers as we are approaching the days of applications. 


No comments:

Post a Comment