Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, September 15, 2014

New week...crazy start...hives!

Monday, September 15, 2014

School done...check. Plasma donated...check. Kids fed...check. Laundry, outside play, naptime...check, check, check. So, why then can I look around my house and say, "wow, I have so much to do?!" I feel like the day was productive, for the most part, and yet it's time for bed and the house needs attention. Oh well!

Mondays are usually a challenge to get out the door, to school on time, and everyone fed with teeth brushed! However, I'll tell you a secret of mine...my children rarely sleep in pajamas. (I know, it's terrible! :) When I have the kids get ready for bed in the evening, I have them put on the clean clothes that they will wear tomorrow. It saves me so much time and headache  in the morning! Emma sleeps in pajamas, sometimes, because those are warmer than her play clothes. The boys started the habit on their own years ago, when they didn't have very many pairs of pajamas. Now the boys choose to put on the clothes for the next day, and they usually wear pajamas when they aren't feeling well! 

Travis went to school with minimal hesitation today, so I'm delighted at that progress! My dad was able to find time to listen to the boys read, so that saved us a lot of time today. I took Emma and Wyatt with me to pick up milk and Travis. After we got home, I made chili for lunch (and supper). My mom brought the boys home, so I gave her chili for supper too. :) 

Everyone needed quiet time today. The weather was a little dreary, and I think dreary weather makes everyone a tad more crabby! So, I told Garett and Chandler to get in their bed with some books, put Emma in her bed, and took the two little beds to our bed. It didn't take long and the whole house was quiet...ah, blissful! (It ended much too soon!)

I had a plasma appointment this afternoon, so we accomplished that also. However, I'm not sure that I'll be able to donate plasma on Wednesday, since the girl had a hard time finding my vein. I think I'll be ending up with a bruise on that arm, so we will see. However, I did catch up on most of my Bible reading while at plasma, so I feel like I used my time wisely. I am still behind, but not as much as I was before my appointment! :) 

I was planning on trying to go to the YMCA also, but by the time I was done at plasma, my arm was kinda hurting. So instead, we cashed in on our reading program certificates from the library. The boys each had coupons for a kids meal at Hardee's, so we did that and came home. The boys played outside  while the sun was still up, and I got Emma ready for bed. She seemed tired, so she was in bed by seven,...hopefully, she won't be up at four! :)

After I laid Emma down, Chandler came in to ask me to play volleyball with him. (I like volleyball, but I feel like I do a lot of running and waiting for the ball when I play with the boys.) :) However, they all had a good time, we picked up the yard, and came in to get ready for bed.

I did have a "mommy" moment tonight. Chandler went to get clean clothes out of his drawer. However, the clothes smelled like urine! I was like what is that awful smell! Well, someone had wet the bed during the night, and instead of telling mom, this person just shoved the wet underwear into the closest handy thing. Chandlers drawer happened to be open! Mom was not happy! Let's just say that we have one child that will be doing a lot of laundry in the next few days!!

We are looking forward to seeing daddy this weekend. The boys are counting down the sleeps until he gets here. I'm counting down the sleeps until I get to share the bed with Roger instead of a small boy who sleeps the wrong way in the bed! 

Tuesday, September 16, 2014
You know what I'm thankful for today? That God created a time for our bodies to rest and that every day will eventually come to a close!

After teaching Wyatt school this morning, and listening to the older boys read, I headed to my monthly house cleaning job. I wasn't feeling that great today, as I have some sort of weird infection on my leg that is red, painful, and swelling...not fun. However, I did want to get this house cleaning job done today, as my mom was available to watch the kids while I cleaned. :)

I did get most of the house cleaned before it was time to pick up the kids, but I did still have several loads of laundry I needed to get done. So, I put the laundry in my car, picked up the boys, and came home to start laundry. (I'm also thankful for a washing machine!) Emma did take a nap, but by the time we got home, it was a little lat to be laying the boys down for rest time. So, I tried to rest my leg (as much as possible with five children). I finally finished the laundry around six,so we headed back over to the house cleaning job to finish up there. I also remembered that Travis has treats for his class tomorrow at school...so off to walmart for a few items. 

Finally home again, to make supper, make treats for school, Bible time and bed. It doesn't seem like that crazy of a day now that I'm writing it all down, but it definitely was a crazy day! 

Two more sleeps until Roger comes home! We are so excited! I'll be taking Travis, Wyatt and Emma with me to the airport to pick up Roger, while my mom makes sure the older two get in another day of school. :) Actually, Garett and Chandler were not disappointed to find out they weren't going, but they both said it was too long of a ride! :)

Wednesday, September 17, 2014
It was supposed to be a crazy day but it ended up being that way! Travis had treats for school, so I was up at five to get coffee, Bible reading done, and treats made. He brought home made granola bars and apple teeth (apples with peanut butter with mini marshmellows between the slices) For the first time, he was very excited about going to school. :) 

After getting everyone up and rolling, we headed to school. But, we swung by McDonalds after dropping off Travis. Why? Because it's free coffee this week! :)

I've been battling some type of infection on my leg right below my knee. So I spent a good part of the morning teaching with my leg up and warm compresses on it. However, I also made an appointment at the doctors office for 11. I ended up taking Travis with me to the appointment since he was done with school. It was a short appointment, and I was half thinking that the doctor might lance it and drain it; but the last time that happened, I fainted! Instead I was prescribed an antibiotic, and she did a culture swab. 

After the appointment, it was time to pick up the other children and head home for lunch and nap time.  Emma fell asleep in the car on the way home, but she stayed asleep while I brought her in and put her in her own bed. :) The other boys tried to sneak outside before I called them for lunch. :) 

After quiet time, we packed up the Kings kids bag, the stuff we needed for supper, and all the other items we "needed" to bring along. I dropped the kids off at my friend, Gretchen's house, while I ran an errand. When I came back to pick up the boys, they were having a great time playing with their friends. :) And although this would have been the perfect opportunity to pick up the antibiotic...I forgot!

We had supper with the Shuberts again this week, and the boys all adore their daughter, Story. :) It was nice to have some adult company at the dinner table. :)

Time for Kings Kids, so off we went to church. I was reminded that my leg was uncomfortable from all the walking I had done, and the redness was coming back. So, while the kids were at church, I went to pick up the antibiotic. I don't know why I didn't take a pill right then, but it never even crossed my mind! 

Back to church, pick up kids, drive home, bring in sleeping children, fed non sleeping children a snack, put away a few groceries, and took a pill. Thankfully, all the kids were asleep, by the time the pill was having its effects. About twenty minutes after taking it, I had hives all over and I felt like scratching my way out of my skin! I was reminded of when I had an allergic reaction while in labor with Emma...not fun! A call to the doctor, confirmed the fact that I shouldn't take any more pills (yeah, wasn't going too!) I was told to take Benadryl, so I did. I'm hoping the kids feel like sleeping in a little later tomorrow morning, because I'm going to be tired! 

Emma has officially weaned herself. I tried nursing her last night, and she refused. I put her in bed and she laid down without a fuss. While she nursed longer than any of the boys, this is harder than I thought it would be for me. Emma is most likely our last baby (Roger says, "for sure") :) However, I'm just not 100% sure. I enjoyed this year with Emma so much, and it was a lot more fun having a gap between Travis and Emma than having four boys in four years. I don't mind being pregnant (for the most part), God has blessed us with five beautiful children, and I'm just not sure... I guess we will wait and see what God does and continues to do in our family. 

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!! Yay! We are going to get Daddy (aka...my husband!!) We are all so very excited, and looking forward to soaking up lots of time together! :)

Thursday, September 18, 2014

We picked up Roger from the airport...so good bye until later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment