Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Comics with the Robertson kids!

God gave children to me so that they could test my santification and also provide me with lots of laughter! 


* Our church has a ministry called "Couriers for Christ". The boys have an airplane carrier ship. :) While they were playing with the ship the other day, I heard Garett announce, "Well, this is the 'Carrier for Christ' ship. So the airplanes have to get off and the Bible have to get on." (I couldn't help but chuckle at his seriousness, and I tried to explain the difference.) :)

* Travis was carrying the bag of trail mix while we were in the grocery store today. He loudly announced that there were "peanuts" in the bag and he liked peanuts. However...it did not sound like he was saying peanuts! It sounded a lot like a male body part! I opened my mouth to sharply reprimand him, but I'm glad I listened a little closer first. The poor boy was announcing "peanuts" not "penis". 

* Today at supper, the boys were eating pancakes, sausage, and fruit. I wasn't eating any though, since I had eaten just a little while ago. Garett asked me why I wasn't eating, and I said that I was trying to lose weight. To which he Immediatly and sweetly announced, "But mom, I think you look great!" (Yep, he just became my favorite child!) :) To which Chandler promptly followed up with, "yeah,  mom, you used to be LOTS fatter!" (I'm not sure if I was complimented or insulted!) :)

Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Travis had his first day a 4k today, and I wasn't sure how he would do. But, he surprised me, and he willingly went to his classroom! :) He did tell me that he was the only good child in the class, to which I absolutely do not believe! :)

The rest of the day was busy with school, errands, and the start of the children's program at our church.  I dropped the kids off about 1:30 at my in laws, so that I could go up to the hospital to visit a friend that had a baby. Somehow, it didn't seem like a good idea to bring five kids along to the hospital! :) 

The kids were very excited to start the Kings Kids program, but it does mean more prep work to get ready for church as we need books, Bibles, t shirts, etc. I packed a picnic supper, and we ate at the park before church. The kids had a great time playing, but my life would be a lot easier if parks had high chairs for little people! However, off to church we went and on time too! :) After church,I survived getting home, feeding them a snack, and the bed preparations. 

Let's just say that Wednesday nights, make Thursdays very challenging for school. Travis was eager to go to school, but everyone else practically slept through breakfast! Off to school we went, and I even made it through all the reading I needed to listen too. I find listening to reading particularly difficult with our oldest child, so I usually try to clean out my purse, sort through something, etc., It's less painful for me if I have a distraction while listening! He is getting better though, so we are making progress!!

Since it was a later night last night, everyone went down for naps after lunch time. I often let Garett or Chandler look at books during rest time but not today! I was supposed to have a plasma donation appointment, but I ended up canceling it. After all, who wants to wake up sleeping kids?! It would have to be a lot higher pay than $20.00 for me to wake up the kids! :) 

Everyone slept or was quiet for almost two hours, and at 1:30 I got a phone call from the chiropractic office. They were wondering where Garett was...umm...we are late!! :) However, they graciously rescheduled for 1/2 hour out, so I rounded up kids, shoes, and Emma, and off we went. Since we were already in town, I let the kids play at the park for a bit and then we walked down to the library. It was a nice, quiet evening at home. The boys played outside with tractors and forts, while Emma took another little nap. :) 

Update for Roger...he made it back to Florida safely, and has been flying as many hours as his instructor has available for him. He's working hard at finishing this up, and he is starting to look into jobs via the internet. Please continue to pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment