Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

God's grace

                         
Today, September 30, 2014, 
I'm so thankful that God does not allow us to all be discouraged on the same days! While yesterday was an incredibly rough day for me, today was much, much better. We were on time for Travis's school, and we are on lesson 40 with the other boys...yay! 

My dad was able to listen to the boys reading so that really helps move the schooling day along. While Wyatt seems to be feeling much better, Chandler hasn't been feeling so great today. He found blankets in the "mother's room" at the church building, and he wrapped himself up in the blankets. He was running a fever shortly after we arrived at school, so I ended up taking him home early with Wyatt, Emma, and Travis. After we picked up Travis, we headed home. I know Chandler isn't feeling well when he is asking to take a nap! Since Garett was still having school with Nana, I laid the other boys down for rest time about 11:30. Travis staunchly declared that he wasn't tired, but he was asleep within ten minutes. :) It was nice and quiet in the house for over an hour, and I even got to lay down for a few minutes. (I've not been feeling 100% either, but I simply cannot be sick!) Thankfully, Garett was very quiet when he was dropped off after school, so everyone was able to have a little quiet time. 

Some very dear friends came by about 1:30. Anna and Elizabeth Mayo, from my dad's church family, came over for the afternoon and evening. We were able to get so much done! Both bathrooms are clean, the laundry is done, the beds have clean bedding, the boys have haircuts and baths, floors are swept and cleaned, the summer clothes are put away, and Emma's next set of clothes are in her drawers! Whew! We also spent hours looking for that ridiculous key to the car! Drawers have been emptied, furniture moved, bags and shoes searched through, and even the trash; however, the key is still missing! This is super frustrating for me, but I'm positive that God still knows where it is hiding! :) I had a great time visiting and working with the girls, and the house looks so nice and clean. (Now to keep it that way until Roger comes home!) 

Today Roger is discouraged. It's disheartening to not have this instrument training done, and in know he feels like he is letting our family down. However, out of the fifteen students that were in his class, none of them are done either! It is discouraging to see how far we have yet to go, and it's easy to let the devil talk you into second guessing yourself. I know Roger is feeling down, but nothing lasts for forever...we will get through this too, Lord willing. Roger moved out of the room he was renting, because he expected to be done by now. Today was the date that he had given the landlady that he would be moved out by. However, it means that Roger is currently homeless in Florida. Thankfully, he's coming home in two more sleeps for the weekend. When he returns to Florida on Monday, he should have a place to stay. A man in the church that Roger is attending has said that he will have a place for Roger to stay on Monday. So I am praying that it will all work out! 

                                          

October 1, 2014
I should just dub Wednesdays as "wacky Wednesday". It always seems to be a little on the crazy side...maybe because I try to squeeze too much into the day?!

We made it too school on time; however, I forgot that Wyatt was supposed to have a speech lesson at 8:30. Well, we missed it! I remembered about 8:45, so I called his speech teacher, who graciously understood all about schedules and small children! 

I took the little ones home about 11, while my mom finished up with the older boys. Emma fell asleep on the way home, which usually isn't a problem. But today she decided that she didn't want to take a nap when we got home. :( So, I fixed lunch, clipped coupons, worked on a grocery list, (which I forgot at home), and tried to think of new places to look for those car keys!

We left for Oshkosh about 1:30, and we went to the YMCA first. It was nice to get a work out in for this week, and to know that the kids were supervised. Wyatt has been having an especially rough time lately. He seems to be moody, aggressive, and very emotional. He announced to me today that he was tired of me, and he wanted dad back. I probably didn't respond with the most grace and tact; but I told him that we were stuck with each other and that I was getting tired of him too to be quite honest! I think he needs some time to go on a daddy date, so we will have to work that into our schedule. 

After the YMCA, I took the kids to a friends house to play. Gretchen offered to watch the kids this afternoon, so I could do errands. I haven't gone back to plasma since I got that staph infection. It's looking much better, but I think it needs a few more days to heal. I had several places I wanted to go, but I decided that I should get the oil changed in the truck. Gretchen had a coupon, and the oil change place could fit me in right away. Travis became a leech at Gretchen's house, so he came along. Thankfully, the oil change place offered cookies and soda, so he was quite content on his outing with mom. :) The oil change took longer than I wanted it to, so by the time we were done, I didn't have very much time to run errands. We picked up a few items at Target, and then headed back to Gretchen's house. Gretchen graciously invited us all for dinner, so we ate dinner before heading off for church. 

When we arrived at church, I realized that the boys had forgotten the bag with the. Kings Kids shirts, books, and Bibles. I was a little upset that they hadn't remembered, but hopefully next time one of them will remember! 

We are so looking forward to Roger coming home for a few days! Each time he comes and goes, it gets a little harder. He did look into a job today...in Florida! It's not in my plan to move there, but each day we are apart as a family, it makes it easier to not be picky!

October 2-4, 2014
When Roger come home, life gets a little crazier, a lot more fun, and the days go by much faster! So, while I have more to write about when he's home, I have less time. 

I took Emma and Wyatt along to the airport today to pick up daddy. Wyatt has been aggressive, emotional, and challenging to deal with lately. One of Roger's brothers was supposed to pick him up today, but he backed out of the job. Then my dad was going to pick up Roger, but dad got called to work. So, I worked out the schooling schedule with my mom for the older boys, dropped Travis off at his 4k class;  and Wyatt, Emma, and I drove to Milwaukee. Thankfully, Emma slept on the way down. But by the time we got to the airport, she wanted out; and Wyatt needed to go potty. We parked the car, rode on the moving sidewalk, and we got to take the escalator...Wyatt was thrilled! Roger was waiting for us, but  he thought that we would be driving through the pick up passenger area. I hadn't called him to tell him that I had parked the car. Wyatt spotted Roger way off down the side walk, and he took off like his pants were on fire! I only wish that I had video taped it! It was so refreshing and awesome to watch Wyatt launch himself at his daddy and wrap his arms around his neck. Emma went to Roger immediately, and she has been giving him voluntary, wet, slobbery, kisses non stop! :) 

We stopped for a quick lunch, and then headed back to my parents house to pick up the other boys. As soon as we arrived at my parents, the boys came spilling out of the house to talk, hug, and kiss their daddy. They obviously miss him! Everyone was anxious to go home, so we all went home and enjoyed an evening of fun as a family with lots of talking! Roger spent some time looking for the car key, and asking me about all the places I had already looked. To each question he asked me, I replied, "I already looked there." :) Roger went outside to look in the car again, and under the tire wheels, and I'll admit, I didn't help him look much. After all, I had already torn apart the house and put it back together, and I hadn't found the silly key! However, Roger came back in the house...with the car key! What?! Where did you find it? He said that he had looked under the tire wheels, and as he stood up, he looked across the roof of the car; and the car keys were on the roof of the car! I must have put them up there for safe keeping, and then they were hidden from short people! :) Praise The Lord, the keys have been found! It's just another reason to be glad that Roger is home!! :)


         

Friday was a hard schooling day. It's hard to motivate children who just want to "go with dad". Roger needed to fly in the airplane that he will be flying tomorrow for the Wings as Eagles open house. So he left to go to Oshkosh, while I tried to finish up the school day. We also had a wedding to attend in the afternoon, so time was tight. I laid Emma down for a nap as soon as we got home. I made lunch for the boys (leftover bacon and potatoes) and got ready for the wedding. It was a "no kids" wedding, so my friend, Gretchen came to my rescue for the second time this week. While I was showering, Emma woke up, so the boys fed her lunch. Yeah, they gave her three pieces of bacon and a cupcake! She was happy, but she didn't have the most nutritious lunch! :) oh well! Trying to hurry up small children, is like telling them to pretend to be turtles..."hurry up" just simply isn't in their vocabulary! I ended up meeting Roger in Oshkosh since  flying took a little longer than we planned. We did make it to the wedding on time, and it was a nice date with the two of us! :) 

The originally plan was for us to pick up the kids and take them to my parents before going to the reception. However, when we picked up the kids, it was apparent that they needed daddy. Three of the boys were asking to go home and play with daddy. So Roger stayed at home with the boys, pizza, and a movie, while I went to the reception. To be honest, it was hard for me to go to the reception with out Roger, but I did have a good time. I'm thankful for a husband who recognizes the needs of his children, and doesn't hesitate to do what is best for them. 

Saturday was a crazy day where we left the house at 8:00 am and came home about 7:00 pm! Roger flew the cessa 173 for the Wings as Eagles open house. (Wings as Eagles is a flying ministry out of our church, and it was a special treat for Roger to be able to fly people on a short plane ride) Garett and Chandler had qualified for a special trip from Kings Kids. They had said enough verse cards,and they qualified for a special trip. The trip was a field trip to the hanger...which Garett was thrilled about, and Chandler...not so much. :) Since the boys were going to be spending most of the day at the hanger anyways, I don't think Chandler was thrilled that it was a place that he was already going. However, we had a talk on being thankful and content, and that not everything in life can be exciting and awesome! 

We spent the day at the hanger. It was good to have fellowship with friends, meet some new people, and to be together as a family. The weather was kinda crummy in the morning, but it cleared up in the early afternoon enough to fly. Roger took multiple trips up in the 172, several with people who had never flown before. It was good afternoon, even if it was a little crazy! I was able to get away to Target...by myself...for about an hour. One of our college kids, Lydia, was willing to watch the boys at the hanger. It was so nice to go somewhere ALL by myself!! 

After the open house, I took Chandler and Emma to the grocery store and to run a few errands. After we got done with that we met up with Roger and the other boys for a treat of frozen yogurt (aka. Supper!) By the time we arrived home, the boys were showing signs of fatigue and major grouchiness! It was time to unwind and get ready for bed. 

We had a special treat in our mailbox. It was a gift certificate to Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce businesses for $25.00! Basically, it is a gift certificate that we can use anywhere in Oshkosh. It was completely unexpected surprise, and we have no idea who sent it! The piece of paper simply said, "we have been praying for you." We, Roger and I, were completely surprised, and it was a blessing to our hearts. I'd love to save the gift certificate for a date when this is all over, but knowing how life goes, I'll probably need it for car repairs, gas, or shoes for one of the kids. :) And that's fine, it's a special treat to have a gift certificate...I love those! I'm really quite the "hoarder" when it comes to gift cards. I have been saving all my gift cards that I get from Target for buying certain items. (At Target, they often offer like a $5.00 gift card when you buy certain items like diapers, shampoo, or other such essentials. I then combine these deals with coupons to get the items free or cheap, and then save the gift cards for Christmas shopping.) If I get my free birthday drink gift card for Starbucks, it takes me the whole month to use it...because I want to save it for a day when I'll really enjoy it! So, to whoever made my day...we love it! We are looking forward to using it for something special...and thank you, you were a blessing to us!

It's been wonderful, great, special, and awesome to have Roge home for the weekend. We've enjoyed our time together, treasured our memories, and thankful for God's never ending provision for our family. To all who pray for us, pleas continue to do so! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment