Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A need or a want?

Today we said "see you later" one more time to daddy at the airport. It's definitely not getting any easier, but each time we drop him off, we are closer to being together as a family again! 

It was a busy day. Roger woke up early to go fly the flight simulator at the hanger, and I heard him leave the house. However, I was tired, and I accidently fell back asleep! It was 7:15 when I woke up, and we need to be leaving the house for school at 7:40! Needless to say, it was a whirlwind of activity for the next twenty minutes, trying to shovel food in the kids mouths, find socks and shoes, make sure teeth are brushed, and that the clothes they are wearing are fairly clean. It was a late night last night for the kids since we had the college age snack night after church. By the time we arrived home and everyone was in bed, it was close to 10:30. So none of the kids were ready to get up, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, Emma is trying to climb up my leg, the dishes are thrown in the sink, the table left cluttered, and out the door we went. I HATE mornings like this! However, I'm sure thankful that not every morning is like this one! :) 

We were actually only about three minutes late to drop Travis off at 4k. Then I took the boys out to my dad's church building, (that's where we do school). I dropped off the older two, and took Wyatt to his speech lesson. Yay for me...I remembered! 

Roger was able to pick Wyatt up from his speech lesson, so I went back to the school house to listen to reading. When Roger brought Wyatt back, he graciously listened to Wyatt say his sound blends, his numbers, and my dear husband even brought me coffee! :) 

Roger took all the boys home, while Emma and I got to go do "girl" stuff. We went to my friend, Jenna's house, and visited, went for a walk, talked some more, and had a great time together. It was refreshing to catch up on a friendship and to have some time with another friend.

We met Roger at the car repair place since something is wrong with the brakes on the truck...oh great! So, we all piled into the station wagon for the trip down to the Milwaukee airport. On the way there, Roger mentioned that the lawn mower had broken down again...I guess I shouldn't be surprised, right?! Oh well, now our lawn looks like it has a Mohawk. :) We left for the airport in plenty of time because we wanted to spend some time as a family before Roger's plane left at 8pm. However, Roger got a text on his phone stating that the plane was delayed and wouldn't be leaving until 10pm. Well now we had plenty of time...did I mention that we had plenty of time? :)  We found a McDonald's with a play land, and let the kids play for quite a while together. Roger and I had a good visit together, and it was nice to have a lengthy conversation for a change! 

After leaving the play land, we still had a lot of time before we needed to be at the airport, so we sent a text to a friend. You know you have good friends, when they let you drop by on short notice! :) The Longsines live about 15 minutes from the airport, so we stopped by for coffee. The kids had a great time playing with their children, and it provided us an opportunity to have more time together. 

Finally, it was time to go to the airport. Originally, I had planned to just drop Roger off at the ticketing area, but the kids all wanted to go into the airport to say good bye. So, we parked the car, rode the moving sidewalks, went down the escalator, weighed ourselves on the baggage scale, Roger checked in, and we rode the escalator again...I think that's the kids favorite part! :) We did stay at the airport for a bit, but since I still had to drive two hours to home, I didn't want to stay too late. We left the airport about 8:45, and I was a little anxious until we were all safely in the car and headed out of the airport. I was thinking as we walked through the airport, out to the parking garage, and to the car, that I think I should really start carrying pepper spray or something like that. It was a little unnerving to walk with lots of small children in an unpopulated area. However,  God gives protection, and He provided me with peace. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee." How I'm thankful for the promises in His Word! I made it safely home, praise The Lord. Driving is not my favorite activity, and usually Roger does all the driving. Chandler and Garett stayed awake on the way home, so schooling today will be "interesting"!

So...the truck is looking like it's going to be costly. The repair person told Roger that the needed brake parts, calipers, brake lines and something else needed to be fixed. The repairs will cost around $700! Roger and I have decided two things. One, we will get a second opinion. Two, we don't want and can't put that much money in our truck right now. We might just end up parking it for a bit and taking I
The insurance off, we will see. This probably means that I'll be taking the car to North Carolina, which will make for a little bit of a cramped trip. (But, nothing lasts for forever, and I'm sure that we can survive that too.) :)

Here's my big prayer request...the one that is probably more of a want than a need. :) My sister is getting married next weekend, Ocotber 18. Originally, I had planned on driving down the truck, but it looks like I might need to take the car instead. BUT, I'd really like to fly. It would only be several hoursof stressfulness  versus 18 hours of stress! So, I'm looking into flying, but if you think to pray about it, it would be appreciated! The tickets need to be cheap...did I mention that the tickets need to be cheap?...that seems rather unlikely. But I've seen God work bigger miracles, so I'm not giving up yet!  

We so appreciate all of you. Roger is always encouraged by coming home, and fellowshipping with the body of believe in our own local church. We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment