Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Our week in North Carolina...happy to be home!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Even though the boys went to bed late last night, every one was still up by seven. The boys immediately went outside to ride bikes, run around, and find bugs!

It was a fun filled day for all of us. The boys were able to spend time with Papa, and they were able to go fishing! :) Since my dad was willing to spend time with the boys, I was able to spend several hours with my sister and Emma. We went shoe shopping for the wedding, had lunch, and just enjoyed being together. It was a lot of fun...although I don't know if Emma would agree! :) 

My sister, Jenn, is flying in tomorrow, and Roger is hoping to get in tomorrow as well. We are all looking forward to being with Roger again for a few days...and I can't wait until we are back together permanently! 

My dad said that the boys really seemed to have a good time fishing, especially since they caught some fish! On the way back to the car, each boy carried his own fishing pole. After they had walked a ways, my dad realized that Travis had accidently  let the line release out. So Travis had let out about 150 feet of fishing line before my dad realized what was happening. Travis was clueless, and he was just singing and walking along...letting out his fishing line as he went. :)

October 17, 2014, Friday 
It's been a whirlwind of activity the last few days! My little sister is getting married tomorrow! I've enjoyed spending time with her this week knowing that these memories are coming to an end. New ones are sure to be made, with lots of fun along the way, but things will be different now. I'm excited for her to begin this new stage of life, and God has definitely brought her the right man. 

Roger came in on Wednesday morning, which was a big surprise for us and a huge relied. He has done an amazing job of taking care of all the kids, while I spend time working on wedding stuff or talking with my sisters. I'm so thankful for him! 


October 20, 2014 Monday 
We left North Carolina about 8:15 this morning. Originally we had thought about going to the creation museum on the way home, but after a busy week, a tiring weekend, and a sick child, we decided against it at this time. Roger left about the same time we did to head back to Florida, but he dropped Jenn off at the airport in Charlotte first. 

We had an incredible time as a family this past week. It was wonderful to see Roger, visit with my sisters, and be a part of Hannah's beautiful wedding. Roger has about two week before he'll be home, and the kids were all crying this morning when we said good bye. Roger and I are to the place where we recognize that our marriage and family will need time and effort to reconnect as a couple and a family. I'm looking forward to dating my husband again. 

It was a long day if traveling. My mom wasn't feeling well, so my dad and I did all the driving of the two vehicles. I've never driven so much in my life! Usually, Roger is the pilot of the car and I'm the stewardess. It was challenging to try to drive with at least three kids in the car (usually at least two went with my parents) and try to help with conflicts, Emma's tears, no air conditioning, and stuck in traffic for over an hour. (Stuck in traffic so slow that I could have run faster!) We finally made it to the south side of Indianapolis, and we found a hotel. Although I was exhausted, the boys still had abundant energy. After swimming, running up and down three flights of stairs, and eating, I'm hoping that they'll sleep. :)

Tuesday, October 23, 2014
Home! We arrived back to our home about four pm. Thankfully, God provided clear roads, and He kept me awake on the road. I was really, really, tired while driving. I probably gained three pounds by eating food I really didn't need, but chewing helped me stay awake. I had already chewed all my gum by 10:30, and I was still struggling! I'm thankful that God kept my eyes open and helped us make it home safely. Chandler found $1.08 at the rest stop in Wisconsin, so he was thrilled with the money he made. :) It was really funny to see the boys looking in all the change returns on the candy and pop machines! :) When Chandler got the idea to look under the machines, he discovered $1.00 that was stuck under the machine. He managed to squeeze his arm under there and pull it out, so he was delighted. :) 


It's a tad overwhelming to think of all the things that need to get put away, the laundry to do, and back to school tomorrow. However, I have no regrets that we took this trip to North Carolina. 

Roger and I are looking, thinking, and praying about some different job opportunities. I'm not necessarily thrilled with the idea of moving, but our family desperately needs to be together again. Wyatt was an emotional basket case after leaving North Carolina, and he was mad that neither Dad nor Auntie Jenn was coming back to Wisconsin. For me...I'm just weary and want us to be together again as a family. 


Psalms 61:2

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."




 

No comments:

Post a Comment