Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Details...I love how God works in my life!

I absolutely love how God is involved in the details of our lives. Although at times it seems as though I'm stumbling through life, I know that God has a master plan for my life. I was just reading in my Bbile reading how God works all things together for His good and glory. (Romans 8:28) 

We have a ladies meeting at our church this weekend, and I've been frantically trying to get my act together...as usual. :) I'm helping out with the 6-8th graders, and I'm looking forward to it. We've done some pretty crazy games and we always have a lot of fun. However, Roger watches our children! That's a problem since he's not here this year! There is a session on Friday night, and I asked my parents to watch them for Friday afternoon and evening as I need to help decorate and participate in the session. But I don't want to ask my parents to watch them Friday and Saturday, as that's a lot and they already help me out often. However, who wants to take on five additional children for eight hours on Saturday?! I've been praying hard for God to answer my prayers, and God has done just that! A very dear friend of mine mentioned to me that her husband was wanting to take the boys on Saturday to be a blessing to me. Although four boys is fun, it can be overwhelming and exhausting, so it's a huge blessing that someone actually WANTS to take them for the day! My mom has agreed to keep Emma on Saturday, so I think I'll have all the bases covered. I have many, many things to get done before Saturday, but it's such a blessing to know that my kids will be watched and taken care of while I'm not available for them.

So, I also decided what I'm going to do with the gift of money I was given on Sunday. Our church has an overnight ladies retreat every fall. I've had my doubts about being able to go simply because our funds are starting to become limited. But God in His infinite mercy and grace has provided a way for me! (Now all I need is the big miracle of Roger finding a job around here, so I'll still be in the area in November!) 

If there is one thing I've learned in my parenting experiences, it's that children need naps! The more a child whines and cries about how much they "don't" need a nap the greater the need for a nap! One child has been particularly out of sorts today. I'm thinking it probably has to do with daddy leaving again, not enough sleep over the weekend, and too much excitement. This child struggled with school today, and I knew he needed a nap. I came home with the little ones, while my mom finished up school with the other boys. Emma was asleep by the time we reached home, and thankfully she stayed asleep while I carried her in the house. I tucked Travis into our bed, and Wyatt in his own room. Travis was asleep in less than five minutes. Wyatt was hoping I would let him get out of bed...no way, kid! Instead I grabbed my pillow and laid down in his bed with him. He talked with me a bit, told me how much he loved me and daddy, and fell asleep holding my arm...I love these moments! All the kids slept for about 1 1/2 hours, so it was a good chance for me to rest my leg and gather my thoughts for this weekend. My mom brought the boys home after everyone woke up, and serenity disappeared into the abyss of boys with nerf guns, Legos, and choas. You know what though? That's okay! 

Roger and I have to make a few decisions concerning the rest of his ratings. He needs to get his commercial  rating yet, and we are contemplating whether or not he should try to find a place to finish up his ratings up here in Wisconsin. Originally the school in Florida said the average student took 12 to 14 weeks. However, out of the 15 students in Roger's class, he is the one that is the closest to being done and it's been closer to 17 already and he isn't done! (How they arrived at that average number of weeks, I'll never know!)

Anyways, we continue to need your prayers as we seek wisdom and direction. 

Wednesday, September 23, 2014 (aka...crazy day)
No matter how hard I try to plan out my Wednesday and prepare ahead of time, it always seems chaotic and overly full! Since we've started school, that's only added to the craziness. Today was a rough homeschooling day. Travis didn't have four k, so he came along to school, obviously! Usually, Travis and Wyatt are best buddies...not today! Whatever Wyatt was doing for school, Travis wanted to do as well. And Wyatt didn't want Travis doing his school, and Travis was sitting too close to him, and Travis stole my pencil, and Travis is sitting where I want to sit, etcetera. (Can you tell Wyatt needed a nap?!) Emma didn't want to be a school either, and it felt like a three ring circus! At least my dad was able to listen to one of the reading students. It was one of those days where I wondered, "I wonder what sending them to school would be like?" But praise The Lord, we survived it! 

I took the three very grouchy younger children home, and left my dear mother to finish math with the older boys! We went straight home, after we stopped at the pumpkin farm. :) I've been telling the boys that we will get pumpkins, and we drive right past the pumpkin place every day. So today we stopped quickly to pick out two pumpkins. At $1.00 a piece for the big ones, I think it's a pretty good deal. They want to carve the pumpkins. Yeah, that's a daddy job. Knives, small children, and slimy pumpkins does not interest me!

I laid the kids all down for a nap, and it took Travis about two minutes to fall asleep. Wyatt laid in bed quietly, but I don't think he ever fell asleep. :( After the big boys came home, it was lunch time, pick up time, and gather up the items we needed for church and Kings Kids. (It was also "dress like a farmer" night for Kings Kids, so we had to find overalls, plaid shirts, and farmer hats!) 

We left for Oshkosh about 1:30, and we made a quick stop at the YMCA. I got in three miles, picked up coffee for my friend, and headed to drop off my children! My friend, Gretchen, had graciously offered to watch the boys again while I did plasma donating. However, since I'm taking the antibiotic for the staph infection, I can't donate plasma. :(  (The antibiotic is working; but it makes me sleepy and gives me insomnia!) Thankfully, even though I couldn't donate today, Gretchen was willing to watch the kids while I did some errands for our upcoming Ladies Meeting on Saturday. I'm really starting to feel the crunch of time as I'm desperately working to put together games, object lessons, craft materials, and get all my ducks lined up for Saturday!

I had three beautiful, glorious amazing, wonderful hours to myself this afternoon. Even though I ran around like crazy, I was able to go more places in far less time than when I have five small children in tow! I went to Aldis, Target, CVS, Walmart and Office Max. I'm feeling a lot better about having the stuff picked up, now to just get it all together. :) Gretchen and her husband, Sean, even brought the kids with them to church, so I really had an afternoon free! 

I'm working on a power point presentation for the music I want to do with the young girls on Friday night. Unfortunately, technology and I are not friends! I can barely make my iPad do what I want it to do, and I know that it could do so much more; but I need a tutor to teach me! :) However, when we tried the presentation tonight, it actually worked! Amazing! I had only typed one song onto the presentation because I didn't want to waste a bunch of time on something that wasn't working! So, now I'm ready to go back to it! (Hopefully, it will still want to work on Friday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment