Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm thankful for "plumbers"!

       Many of my friends are writing beautiful posts about what they are thankful for or how God has blessed them. I enjoy reading so many of their thoughts and descriptions of what they are thankful for in their lives. I, too, have much to be thankful for in my life, although at times, I look at the mess around me and think, "Whose house is this?"!

My sweet tornado!
         This past week, I had one of those days. I was rushed in the morning and didn't take time to read my Bible and enjoy a quiet moment before the kids woke up and the morning started off harried to say the least! Thankfully, my dad was able to take Garett to school as he would have been late for sure. I got busy dressing children, changing diapers, emptying the dishwasher, etc. I heard the toliet snap up in our bathroom, and asked, "What are you doing?". "Going potty," was the reply from Chandler. Ok, he knows how to use the potty...so, no problem. However, a few minutes later, he came through with the toliet plunger from the other bathroom.  "What are you doing?" I asked again. "Nothing," he replied. Now, I should have immediately stopped what I was doing and followed him, but I haven't learned yet, so I waited a few minutes and kept busy with my task at hand. Then, I heard water! "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"  "Mom, the toliet is plugged," Chandler told me. No kidding! He had 1/2 a roll of toliet paper stuck in the toliet and had apparently used BOTH ends of the plunger to try to "unstuck" it as he called it. While I wasn't happy about the mess, he did realize he had made a mess, and tried to help clean it up. 
         You may ask...now what's there to be thankful for in this? Well, for one, the toliet didn't overflow onto the floor. Secondly, he did try to fix his own mess. And thirdly, he told me he was sorry and helped clean it up. The third is the one I'm the most thankful for because we have been working with Chandler for some time now to not be so destructive. He is like a tornado and a hurricane rolled into one! He can make a mess faster than anyone I know, but when he told me he was sorry and that he would help clean it up....for me, that is much to be thankful for from this little 3yr old boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment