Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, November 14, 2011

My Saturday Savings

    When we were first married, I used coupons sporadically at best, but then again, I didn't really need to coupon. And I was completely unaware of all the money I could have been saving! My mom had couponed all my growing up years, and always shopped bargains and thrift stores, but I didn't really see a whole lot of savings in my minds eye, so I just chose not to do it when we were married. HOWEVER, after having several little ones in a short amount of time, I knew we needed to do something! Through a friend, I learned the basics of couponing and started out slowly.
    Our nearest grocery store is very expensive, so I usually shop in the same town where we go to church. On Wednesdays, they offer double coupon day. The rules are pretty strict, you can only double five coupons of $1.00 or less, you have to have $25.00 worth of groceries before coupons, they don't accept any Internet by one get one free coupons, and a few others. But, every once in a while, they'll offer a double double daze in which you can double 10 coupons in one order. Those days are my favorite! This past Saturday was one such day, and my husband kept the kids in the car while I ran in to shop. (I have discovered that it pays to be VERY organized!). I did two transactions and spent about $13.00 and have a coupon for $5.00 off my next order. I realize that to many of you this may not be an interesting post, but I get excited over saving money, so I decided to share! I'd encourage anyone to at least give coupons a try. It really is amazing how much money can be saved. Contrary to popular belief, not all coupons are for junk!
My Saturday Savings
2 pkgs. Ziploc baggies
2 Windex cleaners
2 pledge cleaners
1 Scrubbing bubbles cleaner
2 pkg of children's vitamins
2 pkgs of cheese
1 pkg of cough drops
3 bottles of POM juice
1 gallon of milk
2 pkgs of batteries
1 carton of eggs
1 bottle of Bayer aspirin
2 bottles of Gold Peak tea
and
1 container of Philly cooking creme

No comments:

Post a Comment