Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, January 16, 2012

Another week of eating from the pantry!

We had some very delicious meals this week, and some meals were honestly, not that great! We spent about $45.00 in groceries, as I bought fresh produce (lots of blueberries), cheese and dairy products. I was able to buy butter for $1.91/lb. which is definitely a stock up price in my opinion.  I also bought cheese, orange juice for our S.S. class breakfast next week and a variety of other items.

Groceries for week 2: About $45.00
Here's what we ate:
Sunday: fresh fruit/ sandwiches
Monday: Sauteed vegetables and southwest chicken (I didn't have chicken, so I used turkey)...this recipe
                was not a hit and I had lots of leftovers.
Tuesday: Burritos!I had to do something with the leftovers from the night before, but didn't want the
                the same thing. So I threw two cans of refried beans in a pan and added the southwest
               remains. The result was delicious with no leftovers!
Wednesday: Out to eat night...we ate at Culver's, which was a real treat!
Thursday: Tacos and fruit
Friday: Worker's Appreciation Banquet at church
Saturday: Spaghetti with meatballs, fruit salad, and brownies

I also made up cinnamon roll mix, and pancake mix. I had all the ingredients but not enough flour. So, I did buy a bag of flour this week, but between the two mixes, I used 24 cups of flour. I used a variety of flours from white, wheat, spelt, and oat bran, so we'll see how it turns out. I'll let you know!

Pancake mix


Our pantry is slowly emptying out, but we still have plenty to eat. This week I'm planning on crockpot lasagna, roast with vegetables, breakfast for supper, and we'll see what else!
Blueberry monsters: they can eat a pint, if I'd let them!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, can you either post your crockpot lasagna recipe or face book me it!! That would be great! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete