Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, January 1, 2012

My First Challenge for 2012

I've decided to start off the new year with a challenge to "eat from the pantry". I've gathered quite a bit of food through couponing, deer hunting, and my parents sharing a beef cow, so I've decided that I will challenge myself to eat from what we have. I plan to buy fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy, and bread, but other than that to eat what's "in store". To be sure, we'll have some interesting meals, so I'm trying to invite people for meals earlier in the month versus later!

Our overflowing pantry!

Lots to eat in here too!
I plan on not couponing at all in the month of January, other than diapers, and only shopping for "necessities". To those who know me...this is a huge challenge! I enjoy couponing and finding good deals, but we have enough shampoo, soaps, and toothpastes to last the month. My goal is to save money, and hopefully get a good start on saving for Roger's missions trip to Alaska. By staying out of the stores, and ignoring the money saving blogs I follow, I plan on spending more time with my family, cleaning and decluttering my house, and spending more time reading the books I'd like to and visiting with friends. I plan to blog weekly about what we ate from the pantry and what groceries we bought. It will be a challenge for sure, but I'm looking forward to it. What challenges do you have for yourself in the new year?

2 comments:

  1. i will be looking forward to what you will be eating and any creative meals you may make! I enjoy reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we found out the hard way the first october we were in uranium city that the fog got 10,000 feet high over lake athabasca. so dad couldn't fly to fort mcmurray and buy groceries. I didn't want to buy anything at the 2 stores in town as they were 3 times the cost of food down south. so I made do with what I had, and I must say I came up with some pretty interesting meals. have fun!

    ReplyDelete