Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, January 23, 2012

Week Three of eating from the pantry

Another week already gone in January! Time is flying by, and we are still in good shape for eating from our pantry. We spent about $35.00 on groceries buying fruit for Garett's treat at school, cheese, other dairy products, and vegetables, etc. I forgot to take a picture, so there is not a visual aid!

Here's a breakdown of what we ate:
Sunday: Salad and Sandwiches
Monday: Cinnamon rolls, (from the mix I made last week), bacon, and eggs
Garett's fruit rainbow for snack at school
Tuesday: Crock pot Lasagna
Wednesday: Supper at Wendy's
 Thursday: Enchiladas, veggie tray, re fried beans
Friday: Homemade pizza and salad
Saturday: Roger was gone, so the kids had frozen pizza and I had salad

Here is the recipe for crock pot Lasagna:
1 lb. ground beef (I used venison)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove
28 oz jar of pasta sauce (I used a little more than this as it seemed dry to me)
16 oz of ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese...it's cheaper and still tastes great!)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
8 oz. of shredded cheese ( I used  a variety...monzeralla, colby jack)
1 pkg. lasagna noodles

Brown the beef in a saucepan and drain. Saute the garlic and onion until soft. Mix in the sauce with the onions, garlic, and beef. Mix the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and about 6 oz of the shredded cheese in a bowl.  Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray or use a crock pot liner. Spoon enough of the sauce mixture into the bottom of the crock pot to cover it completely. Then line with lasagna noodles, (I break them up to fit them in the bottom nicely). Then spoon on the cheese mixture. Repeat layers until ingredients are gone (I usually get 4-5 layers). Then top with remaining shredded cheese, and cook for about 4-6 hours or until noodles are soft. Enjoy!

This week I am planning on beef and bean soup (in the crock pot), breakfast for supper, a pasta dish, and some type of roast meal. I'll let you know!

Thursday's enchiladas-Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment