Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, January 6, 2012

Back to routine...our week in review

As much as I enjoyed having Roger home for the week between Christmas and New Year's and having Garett home from school, I was really looking forward to this week. I am kinda a routine oriented person, and I like to have a schedule. Besides, as Chandler said, "If daddy doesn't go to work, we don't get a paycheck!"..smart kid! It was a little difficult to get back into the schedule of getting up early, getting Garett ready for school, back to a regular nap schedule, and other such events, but the week has not been dull!

We started off the New Year with having some friends over for dinner on Sunday night. They have six kids and with our four, the house was quite noisy! But we enjoyed it. On Monday, the last day everyone had off, we met some friends at the YMCA, went ice skating, then to their house for dinner, card games, and lots of fun. The boys tried to go sledding, but the wind made the day bitterly cold. Tuesday we transitioned back into our regular schedule of school, work, nap times, etc.Of course, we also lost a matchbox car in the toilet. It will never return and yet Wyatt has asked for it repeatedly!!  On Wednesday, we had a trip to the YMCA, a few errands, and church. Thursday, we had my parents over for dinner and because we are eating from the pantry...the boys discovered again the thrill of the bread machine! They were fascinated by that "thing that mixes it all up". I just had to keep reminding them not to stir the ingredients as we were putting them in the bucket!

Today, the boys spent some time at Nana's house, and I was able to get in a run as well as drop into a few stores to see if there were any good Christmas items left. The best deals were at the Hallmark store as the Christmas was at 75% off and they had several shelves of nice gifts left. So, I finished up some more Christmas shopping for next year and I am over 1/2 done shopping for everyone!

Tomorrow, we planned on ice skating with some friends, but the weather has been unseasonably warm here! Today it was almost 50 degrees! So, I'm not sure about skating tomorrow but who wants to tell the kids we're not going?! I think we'll just play that one by ear. 


Everyone had to watch Dad try to fish the matchbox car out...
but it had already disappeared!
We enjoyed some delicious meals so far this week, and I'll be posting what we had tomorrow as well as what we spent on groceries. I've posted a few pictures of some of our adventures this week...enjoy!
The wonder of the bread machine!

1 comment:

  1. my favorite part is the Matchbox car down the toliet and how Wyatt keeps asking for it :)

    ReplyDelete