Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, January 29, 2013


A summary of two days

January 27 and 28

Sunday: We spent today fellowshipping and worshipping with believers at Central Artic Baptist Church. Where did you worship Christ today? I can tell that the boys have spent a lot of time with their parents these last few weeks and months. Travis and Wyatt both struggled with being left in their Sunday School classes, and eventually, I just brought them both to sit with us in church. (I realize that’s not the decision that many of you would have made, but I firmly believe it was the best choice for my children.) Chandler did not want to go to his Sunday School class, but he was okay with it once he realized that Garett was in the same class. They’ve had their mom sitting in on their Sunday School classes for the last 10 weeks, and none of our children have spent time away from us. So, I’m praying that they will easily transition back to their classes in our church once we reach Wisconsin. Once again, I was glad my parents paid for me to take piano lessons as Central Artic Baptist Church does not currently have a piano player for the song service. I was able to play the piano for all the services, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The preaching was good, the fellowship was enjoyable, and the feast of a church dinner following the service was delicious! J It was wonderful to meet a lot of Roger’s old friends and to see how the church has grown and matured in the last ten years.

We spent the afternoon relaxing with our friends, Frank and Vivian. Roger preached the evening service and shared his testimony of what God has been doing. The church also filled up our truck with gas! Yay! J

Today (Sunday) also marks the birthday of my little sister, Kendra. My mom gave birth to a baby girl in 2000, but Kendra was born still-born. It’s hard to believe that she would have been thirteen today! It makes Heaven all the more sweeter to realize that loved ones are already there, and that I’ll get to see my loved ones again someday. Praise be to God for the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ, who made my salvation possible!

Monday: We were planning on leaving today for Prince Albert, but the Lord rearranged our plans slightly. We are leaving tomorrow morning for Prince Albert. We spent the day visiting the places where Central Artic Church has been located, and drove on the ice road to Detah. Then we came back to Yellowknife, coming pass the old gold mines. It was interesting for the boys and they enjoyed it. The boys spent some time playing outside today even though it was cold. The temperature was at -26 degrees with the winds making it feel like -47 degrees! It certainly didn’t faze the children though, and they came back in with rosy cheeks and ready for hot chocolate! J

Wyatt is ready to be back in Wisconsin. He told me today, “Mom, we’re NEVER going back to Wisconsin, are we?” L Poor kid…he anxious to return and says that he misses his tree house and his friend, Amelia. I looked up our travels on the map, and we still have 47 hours of driving left before we’ll reach Wisconsin! I’d appreciate your prayers for us!

We spent the evening enjoying a fabulous dinner with old friends. The Castro’s invited us for dinner, and it was a feast! We enjoyed salad, chips and mango salsa, roast and potatoes, salmonJ, strawberries, rice and spring rolls! It was all delicious and the fellowship was great. Frank and Vivian came along with us, so it was a great way to spend our last evening in Yellowknife.

Well, I need to get going. We are aiming to leave at 5am. to make as many hours as we can tomorrow. It’s going to be a LONG day, so I’d appreciate your prayers. God is good, and I’m rejoicing in all of His blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah I am so jealous!!! I LOVE Yellowknife and I can relate to so many wonderful things you're talking about. And I definitely started drooling when you mentioned Mrs. Castro's cooking. So many friends there and they're all so far away. Hoping to possible see you in Winkler :) Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete