Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Friday, January 4, 2013

Greetings from Alaska! Today was a busy day with lots of visitors and people at our home. I invited the girls from church to come at 11am to make jewelry, eat lunch and play some games. However, when no one was at our house by 12pm, I figured that no one was coming. So I started off to check our mail, and I was at the bottom of the hill when five girls started walking up our hill! We had a good time visiting and making jewelry.

While the girls were at our house, two other people came by to drop off some wood for the cabin and to talk to Roger. Then the girls left about 2pm.,and I quickly laid the boys down for a nap. Damaris came up the hill to deliver a message about 3pm, and our other company arrived for dinner about 3:30pm. Our dinner company has young children as well so the kids spent some time out on the sledding hill before supper. We had such a good visit with this family and enjoyed getting to know them better.

While they were at our house, the school teacher stopped by as well. We weren't able to have dinner with them on Thursday, but we had no idea why they didn't show up!He came by to apologize for not making it to our house for supper. Their truck broke down in Fairbanks, and without us having a phone, they were unable to contact us to tell us that they wouldn't make it! We enjoyed pizza on Thursday night, although the kids were sooo disappointed!
So, you know they say..."the third time's the charm". We are planning on trying to have the teacher and family over next week. Hopefully, it will work out!

I apologize for the ramblings of this posting. We are in Fairbanks, I'm sitting at McDonald's while I post this! I'm trying to make a list, Roger's making phone calls, I'm trying to catch up the blog, and we are both trying to keep an eye on our children while they are on the playland. We left this morning at 6:30am, and just arrived in Fairbanks at about 10am. We have a busy day running errands and finding a DOOR KNOB! I'll have to post tomorrow what we learned this week and our plans for next week. Thank-you all for you prayers, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment