Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, January 19, 2013


Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Friday to all! Today’s temperatures were much colder! We started out the morning with the temperature at -22 degrees, and the warmest temperature we saw today was -20 degrees. J The boys all bundled up to go outside about 10:30am., and surprisingly they all stayed outside for over 30 minutes! Then they came inside and brought the snow with them. They put piles of snow on top of tote lids and then played with the snow in the kitchen. The boys used their diggers and loaders to move the snow around on the tote lids. Wyatt was upset because he thought his brothers “stole” his snow, but he didn’t realize that it was melting! J

Roger and I spent the greater part of the day organizing our stuff and deciding how to pack the truck. I’m thankful that Roger is a great packer as it’s going to take some creative packing to fit everything back in the truck! It seems like every time I thought I would be getting close to getting done packing, I’d open another drawer or cabinet and start over! (But I think we are coming down to the end of it!)

Chandler had a bad experience today. It actually is painful to even write about it! L I have no idea why, but while he was outside he licked the head of the hammer that was outside in the snow! His tongue is now missing several layers of skin and is very sore! L He’s been pretty miserable today and has been asking for cold drinks. Please pray that his tongue will heal quickly…I doubt he will every do that again!

We received another package in today’s mail. A huge box of cereal-YUM! My kids love to eat dry cereal as a treat, so it will be perfect for the ride home. We did have to buy a little milk to go in the cereal, but we’ll use it carefully! At $3.50 for a quart of milk, we won’t waste any! ($14.00 per gallon!)

I made granola bars today using my friend’s recipe. The granola bars turned out delicious albeit a little crumbly. I was going to add more peanut butter to help everything stick together. However, when I went to get the peanut butter I realized that Wyatt and Travis had been eating out of the peanut butter jar. Honestly, I still would have used it even with their germs, but they left the jar on the floor. When I went to get the jar, the dog was licking eagerly out of the jar! I draw the line at dog germs! J So, the granola bars are yummy, but they are a little dry! J

Tomorrow we plan to finish loading everything into the truck. We are planning on going sledding with some friends, but it needs to be a little warmer for everyone to enjoy it. So, we’ll see what the weather is like in the morning and then make a decision.

“The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” Psalm 18:2

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment