Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Yay for Yellowknife, NWT!

Sunset along the way
Really, I don't have any words to describe how relieved I am to be in Yellowknife! Knowing that we don't have to travel tomorrow, don't have to try to entertain bored children in the car, do not have to try to do another day of school in the car, all that leaves me in a very contented mood looking forward to a great night's rest!

We made excellent time from High Level, Alberta to Yellowknife, NWT. The roads were snowy, but clear and fairly well maintained. We got to cross over the McKenzie River on the new bridge! It's only been open a few weeks, so that was exciting! (Also, it meant that we didn't have to take the ice road across, which I know my mother is very relieved about!) We arrived in Yellowknife about 4:30pm. so the boys had plenty of time to try to burn off excess energy before bed time. It's a privilege and an honor to meet Frank and Vivian as these two people influenced my husband in so many positive ways. They've both accepted Christ as their Saviour so it is even more precious to visit with them. They've welcomed us to their home with open arms, lots of tea, delicious stew, and a very friendly dog, named Sparky! We are blessed!

The plan is to visit Roger's memories from long ago, enjoy our time here, and I'm trying to catch up on some schooling with Garett. The boys were relieved that the day today wasn't as long driving, but it was a little bit of a rough day. Travis was not happy with his car seat, so I gave him so M &M's. He had taken off his socks earlier and entertained himself for over 20 minutes with stuffing the M&M's between his toes! It made a mess, but he was one happy camper! Chandler is very excited about turning five on Saturday, so we are trying to plan something special for his day. Wyatt did not sleep at all today in the car so to say he is acting like a GROUCH is a gross understatement! Garett did not have any schooling today as I wasn't feeling well, but I am amazed at how much he's learned in life experiences. He can identify the difference between a caribou and an elk, he knows what a burned tree area looks like, he understands outhouses, and always dresses appropriately for cold weather. (Don't worry...I still plan to school him in Math, Reading, etc.!)

My eye infection starting draining today, although it is still very swollen. I'm hoping for some relief tomorrow since it is draining. I'm on an antibiotic now so that should help as well. Thanks for your prayers.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment