Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, January 5, 2013


Thursday, January 3, 2013

A busy day for the Robertson family…hauling water, making phone calls, dropping off letters at the post office, cutting/hauling wood, having supper with friends, and the list goes on! J

The weather was mild again today with the temperature about 28 degrees up on the hill where we are located. Farther down the hill, by the post office, the temperature was 22 degrees, so we had a little of variable temperatures.

We started off the day with Garett and I working on school, and Roger and the other boys hauling water. After that we were going to head to Art and Damaris’s house to use the phone, but the door knob fell off the door! That provides some interesting moments, as we can shut the door from the inside, but have no way of opening it from the outside! J So, Roger rigged up a way to close the door from the outside using a piece of yarn and sticking the broken door knob back on the door (at least it gives the appearance of working!).

We headed to Damaris’s house to use the phone. I made a few phone calls, and paid a few bills that needed to be caught up on and talked to my mama for a few minutes. Roger and the boys helped move some things around outside that Art and Damaris are working on. We walked down to the church building, so I could get some paper plates for tomorrow when the girls are coming over. A stop by the post office to drop off letters for tomorrow’s mail plane and a short visit with my favorite postmaster lady wrapped up those errands. We then headed out to the airport to see about cutting some wood. It was now about 1pm. and some of the boys were getting tired. The man that Roger has been working with the last few days was out there cutting wood, so Roger and Chandler stayed to help him while I headed home with the other boys.

I experienced several miracles on the way home and upon coming home. One, I managed to back the truck up the hill and into the driveway without getting into a snow bank or getting the truck stuck. Praise the Lord! J Secondly, I managed to get us into the house! Remember, Roger had rigged the door to stay shut; however, I failed to ask him how to get back in the house! After yanking on the yarn and trying to stick my finger in the broken part to jiggle the door open, I finally found some type of wrench thing that goes to the chainsaw. I used it to stick in the broken part of the door and by pushing and pulling on the string, the door popped open! Praise Jesus! J Thirdly, when we got inside the house, the fire in the stove was completely out. I am not the world’s greatest fire starting, but I can keep it going once it’s started. However, the times that I have tried to start a fire from scratch, I’ve managed to practically smoke us out of the house! Wyatt asked me if I knew what I was doing! J Well, I’m happy to report that after using about one-half of a paper and most of the kindling, I got the fire going! Garett was blowing on the fire and saying, “Oh, help Jesus!” (He gets that from his mother who learned it from her father! J) I’m thankful that the house warmed up, and that we were not smoked out of our home!

We are busy making homemade pizza now, using up the last of the moose sausage and the shredded cheese. We are looking forward to sharing our meal with the school teacher and family.

Since the door knob is broken, it looks like we will be taken an unexpected trip into Fairbanks in the near future. We are hoping to leave early on Saturday morning and get back Saturday evening. It will be a quick trip, and Roger could go by himself; but I don’t want to miss the chance to do a little shopping! J  I’m looking forward to picking up a few fresh veggies and fruit for our last few weeks here in Manley.

Hope you had a wonderful day, and that some of you were able to see God at work in your lives as I saw Him work in mine today.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment