Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, January 13, 2013


Thursday, January 10, 2013

I can’t believe that we only have nine days left in Manley Hot Springs! We’ve enjoyed our time here so much, we are rejoicing in all that God is doing in and through us. I’m going to miss the friends that we’ve made, the memories that we’ve created with our family, the dinners we’ve shared with friends, and the pace of life. The first week here I thought I was going to go stir crazy with the lack of things happening, but I’ve come to love the pace of life. I feel like I have time for my family, making memories, shaping lives, writing letters, craft projects, and loving on my kids. We don’t know what God has in store for us, but we are at peace with going back to Wisconsin and waiting for Him to show us His will.

Today was a beautiful, perfect, Alaskan day. The temperature was about zero degrees with a lightly falling snow almost all day. We probably accumulated between two and three inches which is great for the dog mushers and the trappers. I think falling snow is one of God’s most beautiful creations. It’s a reminder of God’s love, and that by the shedding of Jesus’ blood my sins can be washed as white as snow…amazing Grace!

Roger spent most of the day outside, working on the truck. He spent a lot of time on the ground underneath the truck, so he is a little tired and cold tonight. The tire is off the truck, and we are just waiting on the rest of the parts to arrive so that it can be completely fixed. Please pray that it can be finished up soon.

Garett was able to participate with the school children in cross-country skiing today. He said it was harder than ice skating, but it was fun! J The other boys used out the little skis at home and of course, used the sledding hill. Since it was such a beautiful day, the boys spent quite a bit of time outside. I probably undressed, redressed, and undressed, and redressed, etc. little children about umpteen million times today! J

We enjoyed dinner with the school teachers and family tonight. We had a great time making new friends and learning about each other’s lives. Hopefully, we’ll be able to keep in touch with many of these special people here even after we leave Manley, Alaska.

Part of me is ready to return back to Wisconsin as I like running water, daily showers, and flushing indoor toilets! J But then I think about my husband going back to work and being gone all day, the hustle and bustle of activities, and I’m not so sure. But I know that God only had us here for a short time and that He will continue to direct our steps. Please continue to uphold us with your prayers….it’s a long drive back to Wisconsin! J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment