Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, January 2, 2013


Sunday, December 30,2012

Yay! I am praising the Lord for a beautiful Sunday here in Alaska! The weather is simply unbelievable…it’s a balmy 24 degrees here in Manley today!

We wrapped up our Saturday by sharing tea and pumpkin bread with Art and Damaris. They arrived about 7pm. to pick up the dog, and they stayed for a little visit. We always enjoy talking with them. They also brought us Christmas presents groceries from Fairbanks. The kids have been indulging in eating the fresh fruit…it doesn’t really occur to them that they might want to ration it out! After they left, Roger and I put the kids to bed and then Roger worked on his lesson for tomorrow. I worked on cutting out the pieces to the Sunday School Charlie story. (I didn’t have any flannel to put on the back of the pieces, so I ended up cutting up my flannel board background since the church here has one. Actually, it’s my mom’s flannel background…hope she doesn’t mind! )

As usual, we walked to church this morning. It was a beautiful morning for walking as the temperature does not even feel cold when you’re moving. It was just the Robertson boys in the younger kids Sunday School class, but there were six teens that showed up for the Sunday School class with Damaris.

At 11am. Roger opened the service with prayer and then we started the song service. The keyboard today was set on a stand that was kinda like a plant stand. I didn’t have to sit on the floor and I didn’t have to stand. However, if I played too hard on one end of the keyboard, I could have spilt the whole thing on the floor! I just prayed hard and tried to balance my hands more evenly; it worked, since I did not knock the keyboard on the floor!

Right before Roger brought the message, I did a Sunday School Charlie lesson. It seemed like everyone enjoyed it, but it’s kinda hard to tell sometimes. I enjoyed doing the story, and my kids enjoy Sunday School Charlie. Roger did a great job with the preaching (I might be a bit biased too ). His message lasted almost 25 minutes and if you know Roger…that was a challenge for him! I’m glad that he was willing to step out of his comfort zone to do something that is hard for him: to God be the Glory!

Later on Sunday afternoon, we walked down to Art and Damaris’s home to use the phone. It wasn’t working however, so we were not able to make any phone calls. Damaris had a friend visiting and they were playing on the violins. Since they needed an accompianist, I played with them for a few minutes using Damaris’s piano. It was fun, and a good reminder to be thankful again that I took piano lessons all those years ago.

We trust that each of you had a good day worshipping the Lord, fellowshipping with believers, and assembling together with your local body of believers. We’ve come to appreciate and love this body of believers here, and Sunday is definitely a day that we look forward to; I hope it’s the same for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment