Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, July 25, 2014

Family!

This week flew by, practically before I could blink! 

I spent last weekend with Roger, and on Sunday I had the opportunity to visit his church down there. It's not a big fellowship of believers, but the people were very friendly. They also seem to really like Roger and I know that many of them pray for him. It was good to worship The Lord with other believers, and to get to meet the pastor and his family. 

On Sunday afternoon, we did laundry, ate lunch together, and did grocery shopping. We put the laundry in the washer, walked to the Mexican diner, walked back and put the laundry in the dryer, and walked down to the grocery store while the laundry was drying...it was a very efficient afternoon! :) I like grocery shopping, and Roger was more than happy to let me grocery shop for him, as it's definitely not his favorite thing to do! :) 

After those things were done, we took a drive around the area, while Emma napped. We headed back to church for the evening service, and I enjoyed a good conversation with the pastors wife, Kristen. Although neither of us were ready for the weekend to end, we headed back to pack up and spend some time walking on the beach. It was a great, relaxing few days and a good reminder of how much I miss my husband! Saying good bye on Monday morning was difficult, but it's nice to know that he will be flying in to surprise the kids in just a week. :) 

I left Florida on Monday morning, and I was supposed to arrive in Charlotte at 1:15. However, due to a thunderstorm in Charlotte, all planes were grounded. But, since we were all already on the plane...we got to wait...and wait...and wait... We finally took off from Florida around 2 pm. Emma did fine for the first hour, slept for the next hour, but by the third hour she was getting rather loud about her confinement! Thankfully, the plane wasn't full, so the seat next to me was empty. Emma at least had some space to stand up, but it was still a long afternoon. It was nice to finally get back to the boys, and although they missed me, they did very well for Aunt Jen. I'm so thankful that she was willing to take on four boys for the weekend! 

My sister, Hannah, became engaged over the weekend, so that was exciting news for our family! She's getting married in October, so it looks like we will be taking one last trip to North Carolina. The boys will be thankful that they get to miss a few days of school for the wedding. :) 

We left North Carolina on Wednesday afternoon. I knew the trip going home would seem longer, but the only way back is to drive! :) We made it to Lexington, Kentucky. Since that was about seven hours, I was happy we made it that far! The boys got to swim for a bit, and Emma was thrilled to be out of the car. The last forty minutes of driving, Emma was so mad that her eyes and cheeks swelled up. She screamed and cried like I've never seen before, so we were all glad to get to the hotel! We didn't get on the road as early as we would have liked on Thursday, but by 8:30, everyone was in the car heading North. It was a long day, but we did arrive safely to Nana and Papas house by 7:30pm. The kids were so glad to be out of the car, and so were we! The boys picked green beans from the garden, rode bikes, and enjoyed freedom! 

SATURDAY, July 26

Well, today was a catch up day! I find myself still working at putting things away, doing laundry, and emptying out the truck...and I'll need to play "catch up" for the next week; yet I'll still be behind! :) My dad and sister cut the grass, fixed the swimming pool, and weed whacked the yard for us today. I'm so grateful that my family has consistently and patiently helped out this summer! We also went to the farmers market today and feasted on fresh vegetables and fruit tonight for supper...delicious!! 

The kids are still a little travel weary, and they are content to stay at home and play with toys, build forts, ride bikes, catch bugs, and annoy each other! I can honestly say that I do enjoy these young years, but I do get weary of being tired! :) 

Roger had another late night of flying tonight, so he could use your prayers. He is done with the classroom part of ground instrument training! But he hasn't passed the class until he takes the written test, the oral test, and the flying test. So, we still need prayers. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment