Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, July 28, 2014

Mountain tops and valley experiences.

As I walk through life's journeys, I've discovered that God always has a perfect plan and impeccable timing. However, sometimes my mind has a hard time accepting God's way of doing things. As I grown in my walk with The Lord, I've come to realize that after every mountain top experience, there will be a valley. I believe that God allows us to have the mountaintop moments, so that we can see His hand a work; however, God gives us the valleys to help us grow and to depend on Him. 

Last weekend was a fabulous weekend with great memories with my husband. To be honest, getting up this morning, helping five kids get dressed for church, breakfast made, preparing for Children's church...well, life stunk! (I had a different word there, but since I don't allow the kids to say that  "something sucks", I guess I won't either!) I felt emotional, tired, and just plain weary. The weeks are getting long, I can't remember if I'm coming or going, the kids are getting anxious, and I can totally feel this valley experience! But, God allows these moments to happen too, and I believe it's to show me how good He is to me. 

We arrived to church a few minutes later than we usually do. After dropping all the kids off at their Sunday School classes, I put Emma in the nursery. My dearest and closest friends know to look for me in there first, and sure enough, they found me. :) I spent some time explaining the trip and it's highlights before I could feel the tears swelling up. My dear friend, Jenna, gave me a sweet hug and and encouraged my weary heart. We spent the Sunday School hour visiting and talking, but I know that God allows that too. :) 

Secondly, while I was visiting in the lobby, I noticed a visitor to our church. This man was someone whom I had seen before, and he is a very dear family friend. Our friend, Art, all the way from ALASKA, had come to the air show this week! I hadn't known that he was coming, but it was a delight to my heart to see him again. We only got to visit a few minutes, but I'm dearly hoping and praying we can meet up together this week. I only wish that his sweet wife, Damaris, would have been able to come along! It's awesome to think that Roger is coming in this weekend, and hopefully, we will all be able to get together and fellowship with Art. My heart is happy! :)

Thirdly, after church, I went upstairs to gather up my children and to have them say hello to Art. They were thrilled to see him, as Wyatt even gave him a hug...and Wyatt is not the "huggy" type! Garett wasn't around, so he was very disappointed to not have seen Mr. Art. However, after talking a few minutes, my friend, Autumn, asked about our trip. Since she had been on vacation too, we talked about our trips, and our fun memories. Once she asked how Roger was doing, I started to cry. I know it's partially because I'm very tired...but this is getting long...I want it to end....I don't want to be a single parent...I need my better half...and the list goes on. It was nice to just have someone to hug me, cry with me, and encourage me. I'm blessed to attend an amazing church that I feel loved at even when I'm an emotional basket case! :)

Fourthly, we were taken out to dinner! This is amazing for a variety of reasons...one, I have five small children; two, we are rarely treated to dinner even when Roger is here, so for me to be asked along with small children...it's pretty much a miracle! :) Our pastor and his wife, along with their five children, treated us to dinner. It was nice to not have to think about lunch, and to have all the children fed. I realize that I'm probably a little biased, but I think the kids did pretty good at a restaurant, on a Sunday afternoon, when they're tired! It was a good time of fellowship and a special treat for our family. Then we could head home with children that are fed and ready for a nap. :) 

It's not all roses for Roger either. He had a rough day of flying last night, and it can tell he misses the kids terribly. Roger is not overly emotional, but he did have tears when he talked about how much he misses his kids. 

I definitely don't know what the future holds, but I know that we will enjoy the mountain top experiences, endure the valleys, grow in our relationship, and step out in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment