Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

JULY 4, 2014

How is it possible that the Fourth of July is already here?! Today was a day full of activity, excited children, eating, and visits with family and friends. I have some exhausted children tonight, and there were no arguments when I said it was time for bed. 

Chandler was up at 6:10 am. This morning to see if it was time to go to the parade! But since this mama wasn't ready to get up, back to bed he went. Everyone was up by 7:30, and anxiously asking when we were leaving for the parade! Thankfully, the boys had chores to do, and I had cleaning to do for the cookout we hosted this afternoon. Finally, it was time to leave for the parade! Omro was very crowded by the time we arrived at 11:20, and I was very thankful that I had set out the chairs last night!   It was a challenge to get five kids maneuvered around people and obstacles without losing any of them, but we did it! :) We met up with our friends, the Shuberts, and Uncle Mark, Aunt Allison, and Uncle Dale. The weather was beautiful today, so we weren't roasting at the parade like we have been in years past. The boys had a great time gathering candy, except Travis. For whatever reason, he didn't want to pick up candy. He asked me to do it for him, and I said, "no way!" He just sat and watched the parade, but he seemed to have a good time. Emma was very good and didn't start fussing until we were back to the car. :) 

Uncle Mark, aunt Allison, and Uncle Dale were also at the parade. After the parade, Garett got to go home with them for a bit, so he was very excited about that. We had family and friends over for a cookout about 3:30, and it was a great time of fellowship...and way too much food!! Thankfully, I did get to go on a walk with two very dear friends,  but I doubt it balanced out how much food I consumed! 

Uncle Mark and a friend brought over fireworks, which I was thrilled about! Seriously, I meant that the kids could have fireworks in their own back yard, and no need to go anywhere else! :) the Mosquitos were terrible, but the kids had a great time! I know the boys are missing daddy today, so I'm glad that they had a fun day.

When I asked Roger what his plans were for today, he said he was going to two picnics. He said the aviator college was having one, and the church he's attending was having one. He said it was two meals that were free, and he didn't have to do any cooking! :) I'm thankful that he was able to have an enjoyeable day, and spend some time away from the study books. 

The day was fun, I am missing my husband, and I am tired but it was a good day. Tonight I'm thankful for the land we live in. The government has it's flaws, there seems to be evil and darkness at every turn; however, God is still on the throne, America is still the greatest country to live in, and I am blessed to be a citizen of the United States of America!

JULY 3, 2014

It was a busy, ordinary day for us on the home front. My one request for tonight is a prayer for my husband. I know that he is fighting discouragement and loneliness. He could really use the extra prayers. 

For sum today was a day full of small errands and getting ready for the Fourth of July. I did baking, cleaning, and cooking for a get together we are having tomorrow. I also went to the courthouse to get Emma's birth certificate for traveling with me. The kids and I tried to mow grass....one mower didn't start and the other one ran out of gas. Apparently, the lawn is getting the better of me this summer!

We went and put out chairs for the parade tomorrow. In Omro, the parade is a big deal! I want to make sure the kids can see tomorrow, so we set out our chairs tonight. The kids are looking forward to tomorrow, probably because of the candy they can get at the parade! :) 

Emma is crawling, pulling herself to standing, and proving to the boys that she can make a big mess! :) I'm looking forward to her showing off all her new stunts to her daddy! 

Many thanks for the prayers, Sarah  

JULY 2, 2014

Today was one of those days where I had too many places to be and not enough time or manpower to get to any of them! My sister flew back from North Carolina today, and she needed to be picked up at the airport. Chandler also had a dentist appointment this afternoon, and of course, church and grocery shopping. 

Originally, I planned on picking up my sister, but since Chandler had a dentist appointment, I needed to take him to that. I planned on taking all the kids with me to the appointment, since my dad was working. However, Garett wanted to know if he could go along to the airport to pick up aunt Jen. Of course, my mom said yes. :)  But when she arrived to pick up Garett, two other boys wanted to go too. So Wyatt, Travis, and Garett all went with my mom to Milwaukee to pick up Aunt Jen. :) Needless to say, that made my afternoon much easier, and I didn't even plan it that way! 

Since we are leaving for North Carolina next Sunday afternoon, Chandler and I emptied out all the piggy banks around the house. We collected all the coins we could find, and took it all to the bank. I was shocked and amazed to find out that we had $134.00 in change! Woo hoo! Every little bit is progress, and Chandler was in awe of the new $100.00 bill we got from the bank. :) 

Emma, Chandler and I all went to the dentist appointment. Chandler did great, and he received compliments from the assistant on his behavior...happy mama! :) Next we headed to Oshkosh for errands and church. It was good to have (almost) one on one time with Chandler. He willing shared what he was thinking about, and chatted to be about all kinds of things. He called Roger to see if he could take me on a date (which was all his own idea!) I did have to pay for the date, but we used coupons and ate at Hardee's. :) I'm thankful for this little boy that God has given to us, and if thankful that God worked it out so we could spend time together. 

I had several blessings at church tonight. First of all, my secret pal gave me two bars of chocolate. I opened one and ate part right then...shhh, it's a secret! :) Secondly, another friend gifted me with some items from Mary Kay. I haven't used many Mary Kay products, but the facial cleaners that I was given are a special treat. It was a special encouragement to my heart today to reflect on how good God is to us. 

Roger had his first instrument flying lesson tonight, and he did so well, that the instructor gave him two lessons. :) While Roger has been struggling a bit with the classroom part, so far the flying part he has been able to master with ease. I'm thankful for all his hard work in studying, and he has a big test coming up in a few days; so prayers would be appreciated! 



 JULY 1, 2014
Reality is: I'm tired of single parenting. Reality is: these weeks are getting long. Reality is: my children need me. Reality is: God is good, and He will see us through! 

Tonight I'm choosing to rest in God's faithfulness, and that He promises to be a shelter in the time of storm, my Rock, my refuge, my Hightower, and to provide rest for the weary. 

I cleaned house for someone today, and my mom graciously watched the kids. It's much easier and faster to clean without them. :) I was able to get a lot of cleaning done in a relatively short amount of time. Actually, the house was clean and I was waiting for the clothes to dry and the dishwasher to finish; so I decided to go for a short run. I have to squeeze in what I can get, so I took the opportunity. 

When I got back to my parents house, Travis had fallen asleep on the couch. Apparently, he was tired. I gathered everyone one up and headed home. Emma was the only one who went back to sleep, but oh well, we did finish getting the grass mowed...with my dad's lawnmower. 

In exciting news, tomorrow Roger will begin his instrument training in the plane! He's far enough along in ground school, that he'll get to fly tomorrow. His slot of flying isn't until 10:00 pm., so he's probably going to have to adjust his sleeping habits a little bit! Please pray for him as he continues to train. 

In even more exciting news...I get to go to Florida! :) I'll be leaving for North Carolina on July 13, to visit family. While I am there, my sisters will be watching the boys while Emma and I fly to Florida for three days! I'm super excited about going, but PLEASE do not mention this to my children! For obvious financial reasons, we can't all go. Emma gets to go because she is still free, and no one wants a nursing baby for three days! :) I'll be leaving on Friday afternoon, and coming back on Monday morning. It will be a quick trip, but Roger and I are both looking forward to it. However, Emma needs a birth certificate, so pray I can get that quickly! I'm hoping that the boys will be busy with their aunts, the pool, the lake, and other new activities that they won't miss me too much. I do plan to tell them where I went when I get back, but I feel like it would be best not to tell them that mom is going to visit dad. 

Thanks for the prayers.



No comments:

Post a Comment