Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, June 30, 2014

Smurfette episode and snippets from our day.

"It was a Monday morning, and all through the house, not a child was sleeping, not even our Emma. There were snarls and tears, and fighting ensued, until mom intervened and set them all straight!" (A paraphrase verse of the "Night Before Christmas") :) 

From the moment the kids awakened,  I could tell that naptime would be a necessity for  my sanity. The kids had a busy weekend, and apparently, I was catching up with them. We managed to get through our morning chores, before I sent them outside with instructions to stay away from each other! (If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!) After Emma woke up from her morning nap, I attempted to get more of the grass mowed. I did manage to get another 1/2 hour of mowing done. However, with the rain yesterday and today, the yard hardly looks like I even cut it! 

The boys spent time in the pool today, and somehow, the plug to the pool came undone. By the time I realized it, we had a large puddle in our yard, and the pool had about 12 inches of water in it! But since I had been wondering about how to get the green scrubbed off, this provided a good opportunity to clean the thing out. We also fished out several worms that one of the boys had put in the pool to "keep safe for when we go fishing"! (Not in the pool!) Here we are at the end of the day with a clean pool that is worm free! :) 

While I was outside for a moment helping the boys fix something, Emma was left to the blue paint that one of the boys had left out! What a mess! It was one of those watercolor sets, and the blue color had fallen out on the floor. Emma must have found it, and helped herself to chewing it and getting it everywhere! I walked in to find blue paint smeared across the floor, all over her, and a delighted little girl underneath all that mess! Bath time! 

My dad brought back our lawn mower, and it ran awesome...for about 15 minutes! :( Then it just quits, no putter, sputter, or spitting, it just stops! So I have no idea what is wrong with it, and please, feel free to suggest something! :) 

My parent had us over for supper tonight, and even though it was raining, I still went out for a two mile run. It's not much, but it helps clear my head, gain perspective, and try to refocus. Then I gathered up the kids, made a quick stop at Wal-mart, and headed home for snack, Bible reading, and bed...did I mention that I'm thankful for bed time? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment